PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who will coach Fenway Bowl?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Who will coach Fenway Bowl?

Postby mrydel » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:59 pm

mrydel wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
mrydel wrote:I don’t think TM is leaving.

Sounds like Coach Lashlee thinks Tanner is leaving.

"I am really excited for him to finish up in our bowl game and obviously we have a lot of other guys we are hoping to send out the right way"

At 2:08 mark
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/lash ... vjZ0tv68YM
I am not going to give up premium information but try reading that quote again. Add “the year” after the word “up”, and a period after “game”.

But I do not have any exact info on his plans. I would think Preston has moved up on the food chain for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Who will coach Fenway Bowl?

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:14 pm

Yes I hope he stays....but I wonder for his chances at the next level is it best to leave now?....Tanner had a very good year, but still ending with all those losses isn't a good thing either....but sitting on the bench next year isn't a great look. I don't know, maybe he stays.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:10 am

[quote="mrydel"]I don’t think TM is leaving. I would suggest to all that do not have a subscription to 247 to do so and get the facts. I think they have a $1.00 promo for the first month. Spend a buck and get the real 411.

Agree on 247, it's like the internet versus the newspaper.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:33 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:Tanner had a very good year, but still ending with all those losses isn't a good thing either....but sitting on the bench next year isn't a great look. I don't know, maybe he stays.

Unless he DIRECTLY led to those losses, the NFL doesn't care about a college QB's W/L record.

I can't believe SMU would willingly bench a 40 TD QB in favor of a one with less than 10 snaps of game action, but then again I've seen plenty of head-scratching moves over the years.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby horsemanx » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:44 am

CA Mustang wrote:I can't believe SMU would willingly bench a 40 TD QB in favor of a one with less than 10 snaps of game action, but then again I've seen plenty of head-scratching moves over the years.

Because he should have been a 60 TD QB.
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby SMUstang » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:50 am

I expect we'll see both quarterbacks next year. Not just Mordecai, especially in the bowl game. But back to the subject; Rashlee has already said he is not going to coach in the bowl game, but that the current remaining coaches will. That worked pretty well for Joey McGuire, hopefully it will for us too.
SMUstang
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football