PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OT: TV ratings

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OT: TV ratings

Postby CA Mustang » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:42 am

CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Re: OT: TV ratings

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Thanks to Cincinnati and CFP implications
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:06 pm

Plus the ACC is crap football.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:20 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Plus the ACC is crap football.

That game had no significance to anyone outside the ACC
Charleston Pony

Postby Arkpony » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:11 pm

Did you notice the PAC 12 rating?
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby ponyte » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:48 pm

I think is a great rating. Its competition was Alabama Vs Georgia. Pretty good. Imagine if the Big 10 or PAC 12 went against the SEC.
ponyte

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:22 am

ponyte wrote:I think is a great rating. Its competition was Alabama Vs Georgia. Pretty good. Imagine if the Big 10 or PAC 12 went against the SEC.

I think the Big 10 would have drawn well because Michigan was in the hunt for a CFP spot. I think Big 10 schools still have the highest revenue sharing of all the conferences and most of their schools have large undergrad populations and alumni spread out countrywide. PAC 12 not so much
Charleston Pony

Postby CA Mustang » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 am

Charleston Pony wrote:
ponyte wrote:I think is a great rating. Its competition was Alabama Vs Georgia. Pretty good. Imagine if the Big 10 or PAC 12 went against the SEC.

I think the Big 10 would have drawn well because Michigan was in the hunt for a CFP spot. I think Big 10 schools still have the highest revenue sharing of all the conferences and most of their schools have large undergrad populations and alumni spread out countrywide. PAC 12 not so much

It depends on the school. If USC is in the Pac-12 CG and in contention for a CFP spot, the ratings will be a LOT higher. Just like the ACC, the Pac-12 CG didn't have CFP implications.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:03 am

CA Mustang wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:

It depends on the school. If USC is in the Pac-12 CG and in contention for a CFP spot, the ratings will be a LOT higher. Just like the ACC, the Pac-12 CG didn't have CFP implications.

I would agree that if USC was in the hunt for the CFP the PAC 12 would have stronger ratings but the PAC-12 and ACC lag well behind the Big 10 and SEC and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

https://www.on3.com/news/conference-tv- ... -football/
Charleston Pony

Postby CA Mustang » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:25 am

Charleston Pony wrote:
CA Mustang wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:I think the Big 10 would have drawn well because Michigan was in the hunt for a CFP spot. I think Big 10 schools still have the highest revenue sharing of all the conferences and most of their schools have large undergrad populations and alumni spread out countrywide. PAC 12 not so much

I would agree that if USC was in the hunt for the CFP the PAC 12 would have stronger ratings but the PAC-12 and ACC lag well behind the Big 10 and SEC and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

https://www.on3.com/news/conference-tv- ... -football/

Individual game ratings are completely different than conference TV deals.

The Texas-USC NCG drew the best ratings for any NCG since at least 1999. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/colleg ... tings-bcs/
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:29 pm

CA Mustang wrote:Individual game ratings are completely different than conference TV deals.

The Texas-USC NCG drew the best ratings for any NCG since at least 1999. https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/colleg ... tings-bcs/

No question but those conference TV deals reflect the general viewership by conference and my point is that the Big 10 and SEC have by far the largest "general" audiences. The original point in all of this was that if the Michigan/Iowa game had been up against Bama/GA the Big 10 would have held their own. There's a reason the networks did not want those games competing against each other for the television audience
Charleston Pony

Return to Football