PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL:FENWAY BOWL SMU-VIRGINIA PREDICTIONS

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL:FENWAY BOWL SMU-VIRGINIA PREDICTIONS

Postby mustangxc » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:52 am

I think we get rolled. 42-14 UVA
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:49 pm

mustangxc wrote:I think we get rolled. 42-14 UVA

Hopefully our guys will be more competitive but I do see this as another L

Virginia 38 SMU 24
Charleston Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:26 pm

mustangxc wrote:I think we get rolled. 42-14 UVA

Based on our recent history, yeah.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby indianmustang » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:30 pm

i hope we get to play
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby ponyboy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:50 pm

I’m really not understanding why folks are penciling in a loss. Is that just based on recent bowl history? I mean, even without Reggie and Danny, we’re a pretty salty team — especially now that the Sonny distraction is gone.
ponyboy

Postby Dukie » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:51 pm

indianmustang wrote:i hope we get to play

+1. Lead articles on ESPN right now are Aggies pulling out of the Gator Bowl because not enough players, and the CFP committee saying that one of the four can win the national title by forfeit. LOL.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:38 pm

ponyboy wrote:I’m really not understanding why folks are penciling in a loss. Is that just based on recent bowl history? I mean, even without Reggie and Danny, we’re a pretty salty team — especially now that the Sonny distraction is gone.
We certainly have the talent but we are basically coachless against a team playing for their retiring coach. I do not like those cards being dealt. But again, I am one that holds no value in the lower level bowls other than extra practices and a gift for the athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:55 pm

I got my tickets today. Interesting, they were issued by the Red Sox on the MLB Ballpark app. Luckily, I have the app on my phone due to National tickets. And voila, there were the bowl tickets. Technology is amazing.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:42 pm

Dukie wrote:
indianmustang wrote:i hope we get to play

+1. Lead articles on ESPN right now are Aggies pulling out of the Gator Bowl because not enough players, and the CFP committee saying that one of the four can win the national title by forfeit. LOL.

If only the sheep farmers could have used that excuse before the Arkansas game. Can't they put in the 12th man :roll: ?
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Paladin » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:30 pm

EastStang wrote:I got my tickets today. Interesting, they were issued by the Red Sox on the MLB Ballpark app. Luckily, I have the app on my phone due to National tickets. And voila, there were the bowl tickets. Technology is amazing.

Technology is amazing, when you have the time to access it. I signed up for 2 tickets ($115/each) on the SMU site, but unfortunately cannot now go to Boston. Can someone provide a reasonably simple explanation how I can transfer the tickets from "MLB Ballpark" app to StubHub so I can sell or otherwise unload them ? Go ponies
Paladin
All-American

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:54 pm

Their QB will probably be the best we've seen all year, he has nearly 1,000 more yards passing yards than Tanner....with less picks. Unless there is a snowstorm, our secondary could get roasted. No Calcaterra, Reggie, Danny, Tommy McIntyre and a few others...hoping for the best, but it could be Prison Rape III.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby CA Mustang » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:25 pm

mrydel wrote:We certainly have the talent but we are basically coachless against a team playing for their retiring coach.

Is UVA really that motivated? They have several players skipping the game as well and no OC.
ALEX LIFESON wrote:No Calcaterra, Reggie, Danny, Tommy McIntyre and a few others...

When were the Calcaterra and McIntyre announcements made? Who else is skipping?
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:02 pm

I don’t understand these players that skip the bowl game. It’s absurd in my mind just because they’re afraid they might get hurt, yes, it’s football. That could have happened at any point during the season but you don’t work all season to then abandon your teammates when you’re playing for the prize at the end of the season. It’s also another data point for these players such as the senior bowl. SMH.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Pony in SA » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:34 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
mrydel wrote:We certainly have the talent but we are basically coachless against a team playing for their retiring coach.

“Is UVA really that motivated? They have several players skipping the game as well and no OC.”

YES. My son is student athlete at UVA. Remember Bronco was not fired, decided on his own to step away. Team loves him, and no one skipping as important as the QB who is playing bc he wants Bronco to win on way out. QB historically amazing year, and his numbers he put up crazy when you consider missed time with broken ribs and injured knee. They will score points, but good news for us is their defense not the best and not tackling machines. I’m no expert but I’d try to run them like TCU and stick with run, plus it keeps their QB off field.
Pony in SA
All-American

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:31 am

Pony in SA wrote:
CA Mustang wrote:

“Is UVA really that motivated? They have several players skipping the game as well and no OC.”

YES. My son is student athlete at UVA. Remember Bronco was not fired, decided on his own to step away. Team loves him, and no one skipping as important as the QB who is playing bc he wants Bronco to win on way out. QB historically amazing year, and his numbers he put up crazy when you consider missed time with broken ribs and injured knee. They will score points, but good news for us is their defense not the best and not tackling machines. I’m no expert but I’d try to run them like TCU and stick with run, plus it keeps their QB off field.

Thank you Pony in SA. I have been trolling their social media sites and message boards, they love their out going coach and are united in sending him out a winner. The link I posted above, provides quotes from some of their players.
ALEX LIFESON

PreviousNext

Return to Football