PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Congrats to the Cougs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Congrats to the Cougs

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:28 pm

Wouldn't it be tremendous if the American can go 2-0 against the SEC?
8)
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Re: Congrats to the Cougs

Postby soccermom » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:28 pm

I agree.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Water Pony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:33 pm

Nice. Borat like.
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangxc » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:49 pm

*Coogs

Yes, congrats to them. They have the athletic program we aspire to be. Final Four, NY6 appearances, multiple 10+ win seasons, track & field conference championships and national trophies, and soon P5.
mustangxc

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:55 pm

mustangxc wrote:*Coogs

Yes, congrats to them. They have the athletic program we aspire to be. Final Four, NY6 appearances, multiple 10+ win seasons, track & field conference championships and national trophies, and soon P5.

And their commitment to winning has helped them overcome the attendance problem both of our schools have experienced
Charleston Pony

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:17 am

Dallas and Houston are cities where colleges have pro teams that compete for fan attention and $$$. Add in UT and A&M and loyalties further divide, before the locals get in the mix. The only way we get their attention is by winning and putting an exciting product on the field. Having local D players helps because their HS fans may become Pony fans. This took us too long to mine that field. However, we have a formula which I think will work. We missed the boat on P5 because we didn't bring a solid revenue sport to the table. Basketball has been mediocre since LB left and football seemed to stall in the last weeks of the season. I do think the AAC as currently made is a much better conference top to bottom than other G5 conferences and perhaps even a few P5 conferences. The ACC and PAC12 come to mind. Cincy is in the Final Four. Tulane nearly beat OU. Tulsa ran with OSU. UCF beat Florida. UH (who only beat us on a miracle play) beat Auburn. ECU had a solid season. Navy while down this year has historically been a tough game for everyone. There are few gimmes in this conference. We now have a conference that will not be as competitive, so we have to be king of the hill. Let's stop making excuses and do it.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby MV pony » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:41 am

They also had a very pro-active President who didn't take their first big 12 snub well. She got on it. Had a defined goal. Hit up their big donor. Stepped up their program. The list goes on. While Sleepy Mediocre University silently plodded on as usual.
MV pony
All-American

Postby PonyPower » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:47 am

I see your points, and they are valid. But I was there the day Houston hung 95 points on a bunch of freshmen. I have hated UH ever since and always will. Defying PerunaPunch's obvious logic, I can't congratulate them for anything. I wanted Auburn to destroy Cougar High, just as I'll root for every team they play next year, and every year after that.
PonyPower
All-American

Postby Glenn Sosbee » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:57 pm

“Congrats to the Cougs” never thought I’d see that here.
Pony P-1
Glenn Sosbee
All-American

Postby Glenn Sosbee » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:09 pm

Some teams get a chance to play in a Bowl Game.
Sounds really cool.
Pony P-1
Glenn Sosbee
All-American

Return to Football