PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rushing The Field / Court

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Rushing The Field / Court

Postby GHammond » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:33 pm

I’ve never rushed the bball court in my SMU career, but we did sneak down behind the Texas bench back in the late 70’s and made off with one of their players warmups...pretty exciting.

Football - Twice. 1982 #4 SMU at #19 Texas...the 30-17 Bobby Leach, “...a look what I found touchdown for S M U!!”...thank you Keith Jackson, W, after Frank Broyles said, “Remember, SMU is NOT a passing team.” Ran on the field and ended up giving Dr. Shields a noogie..crazy night, missed the Mustang Club bus back to Houston and partied [deleted] 6th street...a beautiful weekend in many respects! Second time - The “Miracle on Mockingbird” Romo to Bowen post DP W! Crazy great game...I remember how soaked all those players where.

What about you? Anybody?
GHammond
Varsity

Re: Rushing The Field / Court

Postby EastStang » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:07 am

When we played the Aggies in '74 we did a spirit line of our own since the Aggies had their long spirit line. Peruna running through that line looked possessed. Then we had whistles and messed up their block T formation at halftime, and won the game when Louie Kelcher blew up their wishbone offense. Bad day for the Aggies.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football