PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thank you Garry Weber!!!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Thank you Garry Weber!!!

Postby JasonB » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:57 am

birddogger wrote:The DN article is behind a paywall, but piecing the posts together, did Mr. Weber donate %50 million to expand/improve Ford?

Whether that's correct or not, Mr. Weber's $50 million donation is truly generous and a game-changer for SMU. Many thanks to you, Mr. Weber, if you post or lurk here!

$50M from weber, matched by $50M from others.

It will expand the stadium capacity a bit, but I don't think the 45K because the seating is all high end suites, more spaced out. I bet it adds a couple thousand at most. But certainly will have a significant revenue impact.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby indianmustang » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:57 am

open in incognito and it will let you read
birddogger wrote:The DN article is behind a paywall, but piecing the posts together, did Mr. Weber donate %50 million to expand/improve Ford?

Whether that's correct or not, Mr. Weber's $50 million donation is truly generous and a game-changer for SMU. Many thanks to you, Mr. Weber, if you post or lurk here!
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby birddogger » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:00 am

JasonB wrote:

$50M from weber, matched by $50M from others.

It will expand the stadium capacity a bit, but I don't think the 45K because the seating is all high end suites, more spaced out. I bet it adds a couple thousand at most. But certainly will have a significant revenue impact.

Even better!
birddogger
All-American

Postby birddogger » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:04 am

indianmustang wrote:open in incognito and it will let you read

Didn't work for me even in incognito mode. I appreciate the posters here who are passing along info. This is exciting!
birddogger
All-American

Postby indianmustang » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:20 am

The Garry Weber End Zone Complex will be SMU’s latest athletic investment. Since 2013, the school has committed over a quarter billion dollars to athletics projects, including the Armstrong Fieldhouse — an indoor performance center by Ford Stadium — and the Washburne Soccer and Track Stadium, which is set to open this spring.

The 192,500-square foot end zone complex will not only be an upgrade to SMU’s facilities, but also an “expansion and modernization of Ford Stadium,” as Hart called it. It’ll be the home to new locker rooms, weight rooms, position-specific meeting rooms and auditorium for the football program, as well as a full kitchen and training table for all the school’s athletes. The hill that’s become so synonymous with students and kids sliding down will be reduced with the new project, if not eliminated. That hasn’t been determined, but SMU President R. Gerald Turner told The News he’s confident the new facilities will be to the students’ liking.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-m ... 0-million/

try another browser
live
https://www.smu.edu/live
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:03 pm

birddogger wrote:
indianmustang wrote:open in incognito and it will let you read

Didn't work for me even in incognito mode. I appreciate the posters here who are passing along info. This is exciting!

Use reader mode if you’re in an iPhone or Safari browser.
ponyboy

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:05 pm

The three-tiered, $100 million Garry Weber End Zone Complex looks to keep Mustangs in the college football facilities arms race.

Holy… For once, this is huge news deserving of the hype.
ponyboy

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:09 pm

We’re going to need to find something else to catch on fire when Navy comes to town.
ponyboy

Postby tristatecoog » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:16 pm

This is going to be phenomenal.

I believe RGT's goal is to have 75% firmly committed before turning dirt. Announce at 50%+.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:56 pm

Charleston Pony

Postby Webmaster » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:36 pm

"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:19 pm

Thanks to Gary Weber. Let’s get the show rolling!!!
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Illa J » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 pm

Great news but let's not overlook the real tragedy here, which is that Club Takeaway will likely be demolished for this project.
Illa J

Postby mrydel » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:25 pm

Illa J wrote:Great news but let's not overlook the real tragedy here, which is that Club Takeaway will likely be demolished for this project.
I see tables and umbrellas
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:33 pm

for a little perspective, $42M back in 1999 (the cost of Ford Stadium) is worth $70M today.

Thank you Garry Weber!
SoCal_Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football