PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2022 football schedule announced

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2022 football schedule announced

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:37 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:AA, my thoughts exactly.

RGT wont leave this early in his final Capital Campaign, this is his legacy.

We know RGT is adverse to change.

Don’t see RGT dismissing his lapdog, nor do I see his lapdog finding better employment.

Yet Alex is credible.

Questions, Questions.

Agree, I doubt RGT leaves before he gets the opportunity for one last victory lap, from the Capital Campaign...waaaay to many photo ops and speeches to pass up. Little Rick is a different story. Let's just say Sonny Swoon lying to BMD's....has lit a fire under our power brokers....and that is a great thing for the Mustangs.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:42 am

I remember my old SWC buddies teasing me about SMU having "the best team money could buy" in the years before the death penalty (although my Aggie co-worker who was pretty well connected had to confess his jealousy). We can only hope the BMDs as you call them are back and fired up to make a statement, now that it's all above board.
Charleston Pony

Postby Texasscout96 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:32 pm

Wow. Tough schedule which is not a bad thing.
But as for the home games, the only game that is a confident win is Lamar.
The others, we are definite underdogs in each one.
SMU Grad 1996 - Worked in SMU athletic recruiting office under Forrest Gregg and Bill Weidner from 1992-1997.
Texasscout96
Junior Varsity

Postby redpony » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:56 am

It will be interesting to see how we do this season. Hundreds of superlatives were thrown out as to how great these coaches are regarding performance and recruiting. However the proof is in the results. I expect us to win at least 8-9 games. If not we are worse off than previously.
Looking forward to the games this year.
redpony

Postby ponyboy » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:33 am

Texasscout96 wrote:…as for the home games, the only game that is a confident win is Lamar.
The others, we are definite underdogs in each one.

I don’t know about that. Per Sagarin, we were better than TCU. Navy, and Memphis last year. Cinci will be tough, but we should be slightly favored against Houston. I see one game where we’ll be a dog.
ponyboy

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:45 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:

Don’t see RGT dismissing his lapdog, nor do I see his lapdog finding better employment.

Yet Alex is credible.

Questions, Questions.

Agree, I doubt RGT leaves before he gets the opportunity for one last victory lap, from the Capital Campaign...waaaay to many photo ops and speeches to pass up. Little Rick is a different story. Let's just say Sonny Swoon lying to BMD's....has lit a fire under our power brokers....and that is a great thing for the Mustangs.

SMU AD Rick Hart has been appointed the as the new Athletic Director Chair for the American Athletic Conference.

AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: "Rick has had a distinguished career at SMU and I look forward to working with him as we navigate this transformative period.”

Alex (and Jason for that matter), does the above change your opinion in any way that Hart is not long for the SMU world. I think he wouldn’t accept this post if he knew he was leaving :( :( :(
SoCal_Pony

Postby redpony » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:52 am

old saying- birds of a feather.... So sad, but obvious one loser wants company so he adds another on to his staff.
redpony

Postby JasonB » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:08 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
ALEX LIFESON wrote:

Yet Alex is credible.

Questions, Questions.

SMU AD Rick Hart has been appointed the as the new Athletic Director Chair for the American Athletic Conference.

AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: "Rick has had a distinguished career at SMU and I look forward to working with him as we navigate this transformative period.”

Alex (and Jason for that matter), does the above change your opinion in any way that Hart is not long for the SMU world. I think he wouldn’t accept this post if he knew he was leaving :( :( :(

I would be stunned if there is any support from boosters to extend Hart's contract. The reseat was the first straw, and then being left out of the Big 12 is on him, and then he was removed from the equation with the Dykes and Jank replacements. MAYBE if Luck came in and evaluated and said that other things need to change outside of Rick. But that is the only reason he would stick around.
JasonB

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:17 pm

I personally don't know of any "Big" boosters, that are happy with Little Ricky. He is the Beta hiding in the back of the room, when SMU needs the exact opposite. His contract runs until the 30th of this month.....it will be interesting either way. I stand by my comment about The Fountainhead (RGT)....way too many photo ops await, until the Capital Campaign is over.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby PK » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:46 pm

Maybe the Athletic Director Chair for the American Athletic Conference is an administrative position that doesn't require the person to be an active AD. Just a thought.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby EastStang » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:16 pm

He is the chair of the Committee of Athletic Directors. He is not leaving. Great schedule. If we can win early, we can crack the Top 25. If we win late, we can stay there. Put a big circle around UCF, Cincy, Houston and Memphis.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Otto » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:17 pm

I agree with those who have said that if Hart is going anywhere, he would not have accepted the position.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football