PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Texas has 3 more players wanting to transfer....(Link)

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Texas has 3 more players wanting to transfer....(Link)

Postby ALL4SMU » Wed Jul 26, 2000 12:21 pm

<A HREF="http://texassports.com/news/fbo/fbc/2000/07/25/964562652081.html" TARGET=_blank>http://texassports.com/news/fbo/fbc/2000/07/25/964562652081.html</A>

I wonder what in the world is going on over there. They have now had 5 players transfer since the end of last season. Wow!
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: Texas has 3 more players wanting to transfer....(Link)

Postby PonyPower » Wed Jul 26, 2000 12:23 pm

Who were the others?
PonyPower
All-American

Postby Corso » Wed Jul 26, 2000 12:25 pm

I bet we could find a place for the three transfers, if they can get in academically. It would be nice to get a couple of Dallas kids to come home, and those two can really play - they just got caught up in a numbers game at UT.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby ALL4SMU » Wed Jul 26, 2000 12:26 pm

Adam Hall was one, and I am trying to think of the other kid's name...It will come to me. Hall, as you may remember, was the quarterback out of Westlake in Austin who transfered to Arizona State, I believe.

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby HorsePower » Wed Jul 26, 2000 1:51 pm

I thought Adam Hall went to San Diego State - not true?
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby ChrisFowler » Wed Jul 26, 2000 10:40 pm

I don't know where Adam Hall transferred either; but to my knowledge, it's neither ASU nor SDSU.

Wherever he goes, don't make too much of Hall, or any other Longhorn, leaving for greener pastures - transferring is en vogue these days. UCLA buffoon Bob Toledo compared J.P. Losman to John Elway after he signed with the Bruins, graduated high school early and took part in spring practice. When Losman didn't earn the starting distinction coming out of spring, he left UCLA for Tulane.

Stud QB Jason Thomas had surgery and redshirted as a freshman, grew tired of head coach Paul Hackett (who can blame him?) the following spring and left USC for an offense to be built around him at UNLV. Nationally acclaimed quarterback John Rattay pulled a Losman at Tennessee and will sit out a season before taking over for Ortege Jenkins next year at Arizona.

So it's not necessarily a reflection of Mack Brown's program. If players are bailing after the ubiquitous "violation of team rules," then something might be up.
ChrisFowler
Recruit

Postby SMUguy » Thu Jul 27, 2000 12:38 pm

Jason Thomas was a monster in high school, from what I read. It would have been nice to see him bolt USC for SMU. Oh well...
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby 91Stang » Thu Aug 03, 2000 12:53 pm

Any word on where these guys are going to end up?
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Return to Football