PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

O-Line

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

O-Line

Postby okienole3 » Sun Sep 02, 2001 11:30 am

Just a quick question did my boy JD start last night? If so how did he look?
JUD THE STUD RULES
okienole3

Re: O-Line

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 02, 2001 12:01 pm

as another distant internet listener, I have the same question. From the game stats, it appears we held our own at the line of scrimmage (unlike last year at times). The La Tech announcers I listened to made it sound like a jail break at times, with Luker being hurried and hit several times. I'd be interested to hear from those in attendance how our O & D lines did in this game.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponytalk » Sun Sep 02, 2001 2:11 pm

I have never gotten to see Judson play before so I do not know what to compare last nights play to, but I was impressed with him. Slaten and Mac were normal and TC played well. I was also impressed with Fross. Before he never really did anything, but over all it seems like the OL, Judson and Fross included, kept people off of Luker for the most part. I did think that Luker got hit too often, and maybe illegally, after his release. There just was not a lot of accuracy from Luker last night, in my opinion.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Pony4Life » Sun Sep 02, 2001 6:53 pm

Judson did a fine job. He wasn't dominant, but he certainly wasn't overmatched, either. There were times when he got under an oncoming pass-rusher, and stodd the guy straight up and drove him back. Looked like he has good power and decent footwork. Now he just needs experience, but I think he'll be a solid contributor to our line.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby okienole3 » Mon Sep 03, 2001 2:34 pm

Thanks guys. Are there any games on TV this year that I might be able to pick up on Satelite?
JUD THE STUD RULES
okienole3

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Sep 03, 2001 3:43 pm

FOX SW is going to carry 3 games. NCSU, Hawaii and Tulsa games will all be televised.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football