PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

cincy, hou and ucf bailing out early

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

cincy, hou and ucf bailing out early

Postby redpony » Wed May 04, 2022 10:10 am

Just saw a report those schools plan to be in the b8 for 2023. I hope (but doubt) that Aresco will make them pay dearly. Since they will get 20-30 mil additional I think they should pay at least 10 mil each to abandon our conference.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: cincy, hou and ucf bailing out early

Postby EastStang » Wed May 04, 2022 2:53 pm

We ought to bring in the substitute teams early while they're still here just to hurt their RPI numbers and rankings. Give them a load of games against UNT, Rice, UNCC instead of Tulsa, Temple and SMU. I doubt Cincy would be back in the Top 4.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby PonyPride » Thu May 05, 2022 10:38 am

EastStang wrote:We ought to bring in the substitute teams early while they're still here just to hurt their RPI numbers and rankings. Give them a load of games against UNT, Rice, UNCC instead of Tulsa, Temple and SMU. I doubt Cincy would be back in the Top 4.

With Ridder, Ford, Beavers, Pierce, etc., gone to the NFL, that's likely regardless of who the Bearcats play, right?
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby redpony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:33 am

more news that they wlll be in the b-xx for the 2023 season. I hope Aresco makes them pay at least 10 mil each for leaving early. If not he should be fired. they are supposedly going to get 25mil+ so the 10 mil is a drop in the bucket for them.
Of course with little rickey now having his hand in the aac pot they will probably get away for nothing and we will have a new bball re-seat.
redpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:34 am

you knew this was coming and the deal is done. $18 million exit fee paid over 14 years. One last shot at these guys this season. Looks like Charlotte and UTSA are ready to backfill immediately and the rest expected to join them. I would think Texas and OU will work something out with the Big XII as well. Once a decision is made for someone to leave, get them out asap.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... additions/
Charleston Pony

Postby Terry Webster » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:35 pm

Let's kick their butts this year and send them off.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:36 pm

so Arescxo sold us out. payout over 14 yrs is an absolute joke. it should have been no more than two years. who gets the money? the original teams? or is he put it in his private bank account? we are now lower in status than cusa and mwc thanks to him and our mental hernia of an a.d.
redpony

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:55 pm

Do you ever post anything remotely positive?
ponyboy

Postby redpony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:24 pm

yep- do you ever post anything even remotely objective? idea- since you are such a smart arse how about calculating the future value of the 18 mil over a 14 yr. period at the current rate of inflation - 8.6%. Then you will see how bad we got hosed.
BTW are you related to little rickey?
redpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:36 pm

redpony wrote:so Arescxo sold us out. payout over 14 yrs is an absolute joke. it should have been no more than two years. who gets the money? the original teams? or is he put it in his private bank account? we are now lower in status than cusa and mwc thanks to him and our mental hernia of an a.d.

Really? I'd suggest you read the article I posted a link to so you will be reminded what is happening to CUSA. We are taking some of their best and CUSA is really going to be watered down more than the AAC. The Sunbelt, on the other hand, is on the rise and will be competitive against both the AAC and MWC if those three conferences schedule non-conference matchups.
Charleston Pony

Postby Water Pony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:43 pm

According to CBS Sports:

The buyout for the teams to exit the conference early is $18 million per school to be paid over 14 years, according to The Athletic. Those totals come to $54m.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby redpony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:47 pm

Water Pony wrote:According to CBS Sports:

The buyout for the teams to exit the conference early is $18 million per school to be paid over 14 years, according to The Athletic. Those totals come to $54m.

Understand. I only used one as an example. Want the real figures then use the 54 mil. @14 yrs@ 8.6% inflation. The results will be even more blatant on how Aresco sold the rest of us down the river.
redpony

Postby Water Pony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:54 pm

redpony wrote:
Water Pony wrote:According to CBS Sports:

Understand. I only used one as an example. Want the real figures then use the 54 mil. @14 yrs@ 8.6% inflation. The results will be even more blatant on how Aresco sold the rest of us down the river.

Apparently the deal is front-loaded:

"Each departing school agreed to pay the AAC $18 million, with more than half paid out by 2024 and the rest due over a period of 12 years, two people with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press."
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby redpony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:58 pm

much better but all cash up front would have been better. IMO those schools shoved it to us so why be accommodating?
redpony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:52 pm

Me thinks the numbers are already out there.

1st installment of $2.5M made last year.

Total payments over 16 years, but front loaded.

At 6% interest, NPV is ~$13M
SoCal_Pony

Next

Return to Football