PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Maryland Game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Maryland Game

Postby Terry Webster » Wed May 25, 2022 6:21 pm

Anyone here planning on making the trip to College Park? Since it is the closest for me in Cinci I am probably headed there.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Maryland Game

Postby masterbeater » Wed May 25, 2022 10:26 pm

One of my Mustang Band alum pals and I are going, and maybe two other couples. We went to the Navy game last year and had a blast.
masterbeater
Scout Team

Postby EastStang » Thu May 26, 2022 8:04 am

I live in Alexandria about 20 miles away. I'm there.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby horsemanx » Thu May 26, 2022 8:46 am

Will be fun to cross another classic Big Ten road game off the list after Michigan a few years ago!
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby Terry Webster » Thu May 26, 2022 5:14 pm

730 EST kickoff time. Fun night game.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Thu May 26, 2022 7:12 pm

I plan to be there and will likely bring a friend from Virginia.

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Dukie » Thu May 26, 2022 9:45 pm

horsemanx wrote:Will be fun to cross another classic Big Ten road game off the list after Michigan a few years ago!

Well, no. It's a great scheduling idea and a chance at a good win. But classic Big Ten road games happen in Ann Arbor, yes, and in Columbus and Madison. Maybe East Lansing and West Lafayette. I suppose enough Big Ten success has happened in State College to include it, and maybe there's enough pre-Big Ten history in Lincoln to include that.

College Park is not a classic Big Ten road game. The most you could say is that it's a better "Big Ten" atmosphere than you'll find at Rutgers. But that's about it.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby DC-Pony » Fri May 27, 2022 12:43 am

I’ll be there. 10 miles from the nation’s capital. Facing Tua’s brother and former Saban assistant. Great weekend all around. Yes, I’ll be there. And hosting a Houston Pony and his son for the game.

A perfect example of the type of none conference game we need on our schedule.
DC-Pony
Varsity

Postby DC-Pony » Fri May 27, 2022 12:43 am

I’ll be there. 10 miles from the nation’s capital. Facing Tua’s brother and former Saban assistant. Great weekend all around. Yes, I’ll be there. And hosting a Houston Pony and his son for the game.

A perfect example of the type of none conference game we need on our schedule.
DC-Pony
Varsity

Postby Terry Webster » Fri May 27, 2022 2:12 pm

CA Mustang wrote:I plan to be there and will likely bring a friend from Virginia.

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

I am going to check in with our ticket office around first of August. Hopefully they will have our allotment by then. Going to reserve a hotel much earlier though.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Sat May 28, 2022 1:47 pm

Dukie wrote:...But classic Big Ten road games happen in Ann Arbor, yes, and in Columbus and Madison. Maybe East Lansing and West Lafayette. I suppose enough Big Ten success has happened in State College to include it, and maybe there's enough pre-Big Ten history in Lincoln to include that.

College Park is not a classic Big Ten road game. The most you could say is that it's a better "Big Ten" atmosphere than you'll find at Rutgers. But that's about it.

Agreed. A game in Bloomington, Champaign-Urbana or Evanston would have a true Big Ten feel.

Terry Webster wrote:I am going to check in with our ticket office around first of August. Hopefully they will have our allotment by then. Going to reserve a hotel much earlier though.

Should probably start checking in early July. After all the game is in mid-September.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Sat May 28, 2022 8:45 pm

CA Mustang wrote:Agreed. A game in Bloomington, Champaign-Urbana or Evanston would have a true Big Ten feel.

Our game atmosphere isn't ideal. We only have a Big Ten feel because of the visiting fans a lot of the time. Anyway, this is our last year at our current horrible decrepit stadium, then we'll be homeless for a few years. After that, who knows? Come visit (but not until 2025 or maybe 2026)! I would love to see a Mustang-Wildcats game! Maybe we can use our old nickname, The Fighting Methodists, just to make you feel welcome!
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun May 29, 2022 11:34 am

SMU Pom Mom wrote:I would love to see a Mustang-Wildcats game! Maybe we can use our old nickname, The Fighting Methodists, just to make you feel welcome!

lol, that was the old nickname for the USC Trojans as well.

So the top Methodist affiliated schools are Northwestern, USC, Duke, Emory and SMU????
SoCal_Pony

Postby ponyboy » Sun May 29, 2022 12:45 pm

Not a bad lineup.
ponyboy

Postby CA Mustang » Sun May 29, 2022 11:19 pm

SMU Pom Mom wrote:
CA Mustang wrote:Agreed. A game in Bloomington, Champaign-Urbana or Evanston would have a true Big Ten feel.

Our game atmosphere isn't ideal. We only have a Big Ten feel because of the visiting fans a lot of the time. Anyway, this is our last year at our current horrible decrepit stadium, then we'll be homeless for a few years. After that, who knows? Come visit (but not until 2025 or maybe 2026)! I would love to see a Mustang-Wildcats game! Maybe we can use our old nickname, The Fighting Methodists, just to make you feel welcome!

Regardless of the renovation plans, please keep the grass field!
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Football