PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

NFL Draft Bible on Won Won

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

NFL Draft Bible on Won Won

Postby Webmaster » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:16 pm

"Rashee Rice is a player with a tremendous amount of upside. He is very underrated still because he hasn’t had a thousand-yard season so far in his college career and has never been his team’s primary target. However, this should not be negative because SMU has consistently put great receiver prospects in the draft every year for at least a decade."

Projected to go in the 2nd Round:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-draft-profile-rashee-rice-wide-receiver-smu-mustangs/ar-AAZH5mK
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Re: NFL Draft Bible on Won Won

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Webmaster wrote:"However, this should not be negative because SMU has consistently put great receiver prospects in the draft every year for at least a decade."

Wide Receiver U
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HorsePower » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:52 pm

To me he trails only Sutton as a pro WR prospect. Huge NFL potential.
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:57 pm

This team is loaded at WR once again but would love to see Rashee put up big numbers this year
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyboy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:36 pm

His potential was evident from day one. Sutton 2.0. No idea why we keep getting these guys.
ponyboy

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:36 am

ponyboy wrote:His potential was evident from day one. Sutton 2.0. No idea why we keep getting these guys.

Sutton didn't have a lot of options as I recall but having stud QBs doesn't hurt when it comes to recruiting WRs. SMU has done a pretty good job recruiting QBs in recent years
Charleston Pony

Postby BUS » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:11 am

That is what I was thinking. We seem to have a few running backs now and with a capable o line... fun times!

Smu can get real good again.
G
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:41 am

BUS wrote:That is what I was thinking. We seem to have a few running backs now and with a capable o line... fun times!

Smu can get real good again.
G

Pony Express rides again but now defenses have to fear both the running and passing games SMU will have. Last year's team averaged 4.6 yards per carry. Will we see 5 yards this year? Time to light up the scoreboard!
Charleston Pony

Postby PerunaPunch » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:54 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:but having stud QBs doesn't hurt when it comes to recruiting WRs. SMU has done a pretty good job recruiting QBs in recent years

Not to quibble, but if we've recruited any stud QBs in recent years, then they have yet to be proven. Now we have obtained several... But if you're going with "recruited", I'd have to say that's TBD. Hopeful? Most certainly, but still TBD.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:11 pm

PerunaPunch wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:but having stud QBs doesn't hurt when it comes to recruiting WRs. SMU has done a pretty good job recruiting QBs in recent years

Not to quibble, but if we've recruited any stud QBs in recent years, then they have yet to be proven. Now we have obtained several... But if you're going with "recruited", I'd have to say that's TBD. Hopeful? Most certainly, but still TBD.

As far as I am concerned, QBs that came to SMU via transfer were recruited...going back to Gilbert, Buechele and more recently Mordecai. All put up big numbers and have chased and set both single season and career records. If you are referring only to guys recruited out of H.S., Ben Hicks put up big numbers and yes, it remains to be seen what Preston Stone might do at SMU.
Charleston Pony

Return to Football