PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Possible fate of the ACC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Possible fate of the ACC

Postby Dukie » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:54 am

EastStang wrote:Actually using his logic the two best choices are Houston and SMU for Market size, not Cincy. WVU has all the TV sets in WV. The state flower in WV is the satellite dish.

His whole post has a "hey I'm guarding against my WVU bias but gosh darn it looks like WVU is absolutely the best choice even tho it has no people and no TV markets and the one TV market it does sort of get grouped into is Pittsburgh, which the ACC already has" vibe to it.

I thought I heard that there was something about the Big XII having a really stiff exit cost (that may or may not already apply to BYU, UH, UC, and UCF) and that was likely to freeze their schools in place?
Dukie
Heisman

Re: Possible fate of the ACC

Postby Comet » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:48 pm

Dukie wrote:
EastStang wrote:Actually using his logic the two best choices are Houston and SMU for Market size, not Cincy. WVU has all the TV sets in WV. The state flower in WV is the satellite dish.

His whole post has a "hey I'm guarding against my WVU bias but gosh darn it looks like WVU is absolutely the best choice even tho it has no people and no TV markets and the one TV market it does sort of get grouped into is Pittsburgh, which the ACC already has" vibe to it.

I thought I heard that there was something about the Big XII having a really stiff exit cost (that may or may not already apply to BYU, UH, UC, and UCF) and that was likely to freeze their schools in place?

Yeah I heard the same but forget the details
Comet
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football