PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

VIDEO: AAC Media Day segment on SMU Mustangs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

VIDEO: AAC Media Day segment on SMU Mustangs

Postby Webmaster » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:45 am

Profile on SMU featuring Q&A with head coach Rhett Lashlee, QB Tanner Mordecai, WR Rashee Rice and DL Elijah Chatman.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Re: VIDEO: AAC Media Day segment on SMU Mustangs

Postby Otto » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:48 pm

Interesting the way he went nowhere near saying anything substantive about realignment.

Smart move not naming Mordecai as the starting QB yet. I’d bet he starts the season and both play (how much, who knows?), but it would be misguided to announce that this early.

Felt like they were coached to say nothing that could be even remotely construed as inflammatory. Pretty vanilla stuff, which I guess is normal at this time of year, right?
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby Hoss » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:29 am

Yeah, careful answers, but just seeing Lashlee and the players feels like football is getting closer
Hoss
All-American

Postby AusTxPony » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:15 pm

Yep, "coach speak" is the most unreliable language ever. But as Hoss says, at least football is here again. Soon we will have to put away our rose colored glasses and see what is real. I'm so ready.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Return to Football