PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UNT Tailgating

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

UNT Tailgating

Postby shadowman » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:57 pm

Hey UNT folks,

How does tailgating work up there in Denton this year? I remember the last game up in Denton before the pandemic there was a grassy area across the highway where a lot of people tailgated and then walked across the foot bridge to the game.

Looking at the UNT website it now looks like there is a tailgate field by the stadium but it was not clear as to whether you had to reserve (pay) for a spot or if you could just find an open patch and set up camp. Also, is this the place to be or are there better spots? such as grassy areas around the parking lot where you have a short gear walk back and forth.

This is for a small tailgate, just a tent, grill, table, chairs and coolers.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to our game!
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Re: UNT Tailgating

Postby BUS » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:44 pm

Smart to plan early.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: UNT Tailgating

Postby shadowman » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:59 am

BUS wrote:Smart to plan early.

Heh, never too early to start planning, especially when it involves the excitement of the first game, plus we are now less than a month away.

I see that UNT has rental options for their tailgating area called The Hill which is right next to the stadium, but they want 500 bucks for a tent, a couple of tables, and 10 chairs. My daughter is up in Denton working on her PHD there, so they already get more of my money than they should.

May go ahead and pull the trigger on that, even though it will be a bit of overkill for 4 to 6 people just so we won't have to haul so much gear back and forth from the parking lot. I would consider bringing my own set up if they will let me but I am unsure of how big the area is and if it only available to the renters.

For what it is worth, has been a pleasurable experience tailgating in the past at UNT during the old set up which was on the other side of the highway. I think that area now though has become a parking lot and they moved it back by the stadium. The Denton folks were very friendly and really appreciative that we were there. A good time!

Anyone know?
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Return to Football