PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Tops TCU in Poll

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU Tops TCU in Poll

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:32 am

SMU is #44, and TCU is #60 in a poll released by CBS Sports :!:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-ranking/
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: SMU Tops TCU in Poll

Postby redpony » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:53 am

this is great but let's not make comments that would cause this to become 'bulletin board fodder' for the little froggies. I want us to beat them so bad that they will wish they had stayed on their little pond.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PNW_Stang » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:05 pm

Happy to see Maryland behind us. Was hoping they aren’t a top 25 type team (which they might be, but going to assume this ranking is about correct for now)
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby PonyTime » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:29 am

PNW_Stang wrote:Happy to see Maryland behind us. Was hoping they aren’t a top 25 type team (which they might be, but going to assume this ranking is about correct for now)

Don't we want Maryland to be a top 25 team when we play them? (they won't because they play two chumps before us - which we should hope they handle easily)
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PNW_Stang » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:33 am

I just want to beat them and go into the TcU game undefeated, and beat a big 10 team. If they are not great this year, better chance of beating them early with an away game, new staff, and a ton of new faces on the team. If they were top 15 I would have very little faith we are going to win that one on the road.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:17 pm

Maryland is a good team to schedule. They have been a mid to lower level Big 10 team and that's the level we need to be competing against...just like TCU. Any wins against P5 programs are a plus right now and road wins are especially hard to come by so this is a great opportunity, but our guys 1st need to take care of business against UNT who will already have one game under their belts when we play
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football