PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How is Scott Frost still employed?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: How is Scott Frost still employed?

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:50 am

After losing at home vs Georgia Southern yesterday, the question becomes whether he will survive the full season or be let go any day now?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:03 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:I’ve felt for a long time the best days of Cornhusker FB are behind them.

That's true, it's just that many of their fans don't want to admit it.

Charleston Pony wrote:After losing at home vs Georgia Southern yesterday, the question becomes whether he will survive the full season or be let go any day now?

Apparently, his buyout decreases from $15M to $7.5M on Oct. 1.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Terry Webster » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:36 pm

Just read on twitter that he has been fired.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:43 pm

he gone
I root for: Mustangs, Astros & Jets!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:01 pm

Interesting that they opted to move now vs later considering the potential savings. Husker nation loved Frost you know they wanted him to be "the guy" who could finally turn that program around. Has to be a tough pill to swallow for them. I also have to wonder whether they might have negotiated a generous buyout somewhere between the 2 published figures
Charleston Pony

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:07 pm

I'm one of those who thought he was a home run hire for Nebraska. Former star player, took UCF through an undefeated season. I never thought he'd lead them back to their days as one of the top teams in the country, but I sure didn't see this dumpster fire coming.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Postby mrydel » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:34 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Interesting that they opted to move now vs later considering the potential savings. Husker nation loved Frost you know they wanted him to be "the guy" who could finally turn that program around. Has to be a tough pill to swallow for them. I also have to wonder whether they might have negotiated a generous buyout somewhere between the 2 published figures
I don’t see why negotiations are even necessary. Just tell him he is fired effective 10-1 and his services are no longer required in regard to the team.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ponyte » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:08 pm

Nebraska's poor showing, underdogs like Ga Southern, App State and Marshall winning on the road against top teams causes pause. Is the greatest rebalance of talent having an affect on football? The Transfer portal and players able to make money off their names makes the market entirely different from the previous market. Could all the conference realignment and media bias towards the 'big boys' be a marketing disaster in the new college FB market? Look at the improvement with transfer in a very short time at SMU. Money, a chance to play might be more attraction to young talent than priding the bench in a Hades HoleBig 12/ 10/alphabet conference town.
ponyte

Previous

Return to Football