PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: SMU vs NTS Predictions

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: SMU vs NTS Predictions

Postby mrydel » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:50 am

If we do not score 50 I will be disappointed
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:06 am

I appreciate the concern about them having a game under their belt. Completely valid.

I also appreciate the concern about our newcomers and a new system.

However, I will also suggest that the kids are together a lot more in the summer than in the past, so they get used to playing with each other much more quickly. The practices I saw had officials there, and they were clean with no holds, no offsides, no false starts, no wrong routes leading to an INT.

I think our OL is going to win, and that will give us a decent running game just in case the passing game doesn't click (I think our passing game is going to be remarkable, though).

I think our DL is going to be completely disruptive. Disruptive enough that sustained drives are going to be a challenge.

I think we are going to go at a very fast pace, and that our depth is significantly better than their depth.

48-17. We came out incredibly sloppy last year. I think we will play better on both sides of the ball this season.
JasonB

Postby JoeKidd » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:37 pm

45-27, agree we dominate the line of scrimmage, but secondary still needs some time to come together and we give up some pass plays.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:49 pm

38-31 SMU
mustangxc

Postby PNW_Stang » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:53 pm

JasonB wrote:I appreciate the concern about them having a game under their belt. Completely valid.

However, I will also suggest that the kids are together a lot more in the summer than in the past, so they get used to playing with each other much more quickly. The practices I saw had officials there, and they were clean with no holds, no offsides, no false starts, no wrong routes leading to an INT.

I think our OL is going to win, and that will give us a decent running game just in case the passing game doesn't click (I think our passing game is going to be remarkable, though).

I think our DL is going to be completely disruptive. Disruptive enough that sustained drives are going to be a challenge.

I think we are going to go at a very fast pace, and that our depth is significantly better than their depth.

48-17. We came out incredibly sloppy last year. I think we will play better on both sides of the ball this season.

JasonsB’s post makes me feel better about it.

I was at Rice for Junes first game (56-14), at SMU vs Baylor for Chads first game (56-21) and North Texas for Sonny’s (46-23, but really it was worse than the final score). So I’m always skeptical of a first game. I guess that was all pre-transfer portal though.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:10 pm

They have a game under their belt. We have scouting tapes. Advantage; SMU.

Varsity: 63
Gory to the Green and White: 13
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby meangreenfan » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:49 pm

I think this will be a real battle. SMU has the superior talent but North Texas will try to slow down the tempo and run down the clock with a punishing run game and good oline. I'm going with UNT by a hair, 27-24 at home. Hope you guys will make the trip and have a good time!

BTW our fan site is here: https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/foru ... -football/
meangreenfan
Recruit

Postby leopold » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:29 pm

JasonB wrote:I appreciate the concern about them having a game under their belt. Completely valid.

Well played, sir.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:04 pm

Yes, very well done.
ponyboy

Previous

Return to Football