PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Eff Sonny and Pin This To the Locker Room Wall

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Eff Sonny and Pin This To the Locker Room Wall

Postby Dukie » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:01 am

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/tcu-h ... ob-at-tcu/

PS Sonny, TCU and the Big XII are not the "highest level" of college football, as this DMN puff piece asserts. Not even close.

PPS How dare he whine that SMU "tried to stick it to him" by leaking the news that he had completed what he had been negotiating to do for weeks. That is beyond rich. What a self-justifying pile of excrement.
Dukie
Heisman

Re: Eff Sonny and Pin This To the Locker Room Wall

Postby docabel » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:09 am

Wish they would have pushed into him and his staff talking to our already committed players about making the jump to tcu before the announcement. Imagine he would have just brushed it off as nonsense and played the victim card somehow...
docabel
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:44 am

Unfortunately behind a pay wall. But reading the headline told me all that I needed to know. I hope we stick it hard to the Frogs. Some pundits are picking them to win the Big XII this year. Would love to hang an L on them and have them win the Big XII. That would be the best reward of all.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PNW_Stang » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:24 pm

I am surprised he would be shocked by being heckled by a few fans for going to our rival and taking our best ever recruiting class, and tanking the season. What did he expect? Imagine if he had been at the majority of P5 schools and did that.

Also, everyone knew he was leaving. Don’t blame it all on a phantom booster leaking it before you got to address the team - they already knew…
Last edited by PNW_Stang on Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 10 times in total.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby BIGHORSE » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:27 pm

Little Ricky will be kissing Sonny the Snake when they come to Ford.
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby JoeKidd » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:35 pm

He deserved all the heckling he got and I was happy to be a part of that. So sad I'm out of town when they come get their a**es whipped for the 4th year in a row (yes if you won't play us that year counts).
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby PNW_Stang » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:45 pm

JoeKidd wrote:He deserved all the heckling he got and I was happy to be a part of that. So sad I'm out of town when they come get their a**es whipped for the 4th year in a row (yes if you won't play us that year counts).

I have a flight that day from 2:45-5:30. Just hope the TCU game is at 11 or 7 so I can watch it.

Also, if Duggan starts, and loses, I guess he will have gone 4 years without being able to beat SMU.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby Otto » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:00 pm

Now he says tcu is his "destination job"? After he spent a few years tell us that he grew up an SMU fan, that ours was the job he wanted?

He is a decent coach and a spectacular liar, willing to say anything to anyone for money.

Also, there's some talk in FW that Little Morris could be their starter. Nothing against him, I guess, but would love to see us stick it to his dad and to Sonny.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:03 pm

Yeah, I hope he REALLY gets to feel what it is like to have SMU stick it to him later this season. I wish him the same success at tiny toad school as he had at Cal.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby peruna81 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:11 pm

Well good for Sonny. He got his "destination job" (for the time being) and his old employer and fanbase are not happy about it?

Big boy pants, buddy.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Paladin » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:15 pm

Actually, I though Cal was his "destination job". Wish nothing but the worst for him and his beer-gut self.
Paladin
All-American

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:39 pm

ESPN+ doing a "Hard Knocks" on Dykes/TCU Football starting this Thursday and every Thursday thereafter. Called the "Carter Boys." Definitely feels odd. Coach Patterson never wanted media coverage.

https://twitter.com/TCUFootball/status/ ... 8J7RMJJacQ
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby smubrooks » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:52 am

Can’t be too mad as he did the same thing here. Are we continuing our “hard knocks”?
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby redpony » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:46 am

He has shown what a weasel he is. Plus totally lacking in ethics. Can you imagine if the coach at Michigan quit to go to Ohio St.? there would be riots.

I think somebody should get the DMN to do a counter point on that article- telling how to took all of the recruits, took most of the staff in the AD. etc, etc. Kept leading on our boosters to increase their offer as he only wanted to use that as leverage to get more from tcwho.
I am kind of surprised that the DMN would do that article. More appropriate it belonged in the FW wiper.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FroggieFever » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:58 pm

redpony wrote:He has shown what a weasel he is. Plus totally lacking in ethics. Can you imagine if the coach at Michigan quit to go to Ohio St.? there would be riots.

I think somebody should get the DMN to do a counter point on that article- telling how to took all of the recruits, took most of the staff in the AD. etc, etc. Kept leading on our boosters to increase their offer as he only wanted to use that as leverage to get more from tcwho.
I am kind of surprised that the DMN would do that article. More appropriate it belonged in the FW wiper.

He left TCU (albeit not as a HC) for SMU and sniped some of TCU's recruits in the process.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Next

Return to Football