PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Other games of interest

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Other games of interest

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:26 pm

TCU gets their stop and now has to drive 80 yards for a chance to tie this game and possibly keep their perfect season going
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:36 pm

Wow! TCU scores and ties the game at 28 with less than 2 minutes to play. Max Duggan on fire and playing his guts out. Have to give him credit.
Charleston Pony

Postby Arkpony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:09 pm

But… TCU LOSES!!!!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:11 pm

HUGE disappointment for TCU to get stuffed twice on the goal line and lose to K-State's kicking a FG in OT. As much as I wanted Sonny to fail miserably, I have to congratulate TCU on a pretty special season and admit I'm envious of what they accomplished. Will be interesting to see whether the committee will still see TCU as the # 4 team. Really tough to beat a competitive team twice in the same season but Utah did it to USC. Don't know if Michigan would have wanted to face Ohio State again in the Big 10 Championship (as probably the 2 best teams absent divisions). What happens if Michigan loses to Purdue? I expect the committee would go with both Michigan and Ohio State before TCU as the larger public schools will always get the benefit of any doubt.
Charleston Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:19 pm

I am so thankful the Big 12 was able to determine its One True Champion.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Arkpony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:21 pm

Where is the Tulane game being played?
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby DallasMustang11 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:30 pm

Arkpony wrote:Where is the Tulane game being played?

At tulane I believe.
DallasMustang11
Scout Team

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:35 pm

Tulane up 7-0 early vs UCF
Charleston Pony

Postby Arkpony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:35 pm

I didn’t think their stadium was that big
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:38 pm

Tulane's Stadium has slightly less (30,000) seating than Ford but they earned the home game with the better conference record despite losing to UCF in New Orleans earlier
Last edited by Charleston Pony on Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charleston Pony

Postby peruna81 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:38 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:HUGE disappointment for TCU to get stuffed twice on the goal line and lose to K-State's kicking a FG in OT. As much as I wanted Sonny to fail miserably, I have to congratulate TCU on a pretty special season and admit I'm envious of what they accomplished. Will be interesting to see whether the committee will still see TCU as the # 4 team. Really tough to beat a competitive team twice in the same season but Utah did it to USC. Don't know if Michigan would have wanted to face Ohio State again in the Big 10 Championship (as probably the 2 best teams absent divisions). What happens if Michigan loses to Purdue? I expect the committee would go with both Michigan and Ohio State before TCU as the larger public schools will always get the benefit of any doubt.

^This^
I was hoping TCU would auger in during regulation, but kudos to them for pressing on and scoring.

Kansas State has grit. Nothing flashy, just a "ghost of Bill" type of team.I think TCU opened the door for the 'Bama apologists to have a squawk about getting in, as well as Tennessee. Of those three, TCU appears to the eyeball test to be the best of the bunch. Think they will be 4th in?
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:42 pm

peruna81 wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:HUGE disappointment for TCU to get stuffed twice on the goal line and lose to K-State's kicking a FG in OT. As much as I wanted Sonny to fail miserably, I have to congratulate TCU on a pretty special season and admit I'm envious of what they accomplished. Will be interesting to see whether the committee will still see TCU as the # 4 team. Really tough to beat a competitive team twice in the same season but Utah did it to USC. Don't know if Michigan would have wanted to face Ohio State again in the Big 10 Championship (as probably the 2 best teams absent divisions). What happens if Michigan loses to Purdue? I expect the committee would go with both Michigan and Ohio State before TCU as the larger public schools will always get the benefit of any doubt.

^This^
I was hoping TCU would auger in during regulation, but kudos to them for pressing on and scoring.

Kansas State has grit. Nothing flashy, just a "ghost of Bill" type of team.I think TCU opened the door for the 'Bama apologists to have a squawk about getting in, as well as Tennessee. Of those three, TCU appears to the eyeball test to be the best of the bunch. Think they will be 4th in?

TCU needs to hope Georgia beats LSU or they end up competing with SEC and Big 10 "non champions" for a seat at the table and we all know how that ends
Charleston Pony

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:08 pm

No way TCU is top 4, B12 is the weakest P5 conference and they scraped by on far too many games. I thought Clemson had two loses. Was glad to see the toads lose. Seeing that USC lost I think the toads will be on though. But I don’t think they’re a top 4.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby soccermom » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:18 pm

Good for KState! I think TCU’s loss just opened the door for Bama to sneak in. We’ll see.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hop Sing » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:58 pm

No way the frogs get a playoff spot. You can lose early but you can’t lose late, and both Ohio State and Alabama will jump them. They caught lightning in a bottle this year with the Big 12 being weak. They are a good team but would get steamrolled in a playoff game.
Hop Sing
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football