PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Other games of interest

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Other games of interest

Postby Arkpony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:13 pm

Tulane is doing their best to blow the game.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:35 pm

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:No way TCU is top 4, B12 is the weakest P5 conference and they scraped by on far too many games. I thought Clemson had two loses. Was glad to see the toads lose. Seeing that USC lost I think the toads will be on though. But I don’t think they’re a top 4.

Doesn't help TCU's case that K-State lost at home to Tulane. Ohio State has a more respectable home loss to rival Michigan as their only loss this year
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:37 pm

Arkpony wrote:Tulane is doing their best to blow the game.

Tulane running away with this game and has outgained UCF by more than 300 yards
Charleston Pony

Postby Hop Sing » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:43 pm

Tulane would beat the frogs
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby Lefty » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:51 pm

I think so, too, and it's not just because I hate TCU (which I do). Tulane can run the ball, and its defense keeps receivers in front of it. Quentin Johnston would struggle to do much downfield, and if you limit him to underneath crossing routes, he's basically a tight end who doesn't block at that point.

Plus, I hate TCU
Lefty
All-American

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:09 pm

Where would the toads rank in the SEC this year? Probably not even top 4 in that conference.

Texas still sucks and OU was decimated with Riley leaving and taking its quaterback. This is the worst OU I years, Ok State is down from last year as is Baylor. It was there for the taking given the overall weakness of the conference. No loser of that conference should be in the playoffs.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Hop Sing » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:12 pm

USC losing gives the frogs false hope. I’m as tired of Alabama as anyone, but they are better than TCU and it’s not close
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby Terry Webster » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:42 pm

Hats off to Tulane. What they did this year is amazing. Be nice if this was SMu next year.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Topper » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:18 pm

Hop Sing wrote:USC losing gives the frogs false hope. I’m as tired of Alabama as anyone, but they are better than TCU and it’s not close

Far be it for me to be a TCU apologist but unlike Alabama they dominated UT even with a healthy Ewers. As a betting man I couldn't count out any team with Max Duggan. Sonny blew it when he passed up the field goal.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:58 pm

Topper wrote:
Hop Sing wrote:USC losing gives the frogs false hope. I’m as tired of Alabama as anyone, but they are better than TCU and it’s not close

Far be it for me to be a TCU apologist but unlike Alabama they dominated UT even with a healthy Ewers. As a betting man I couldn't count out any team with Max Duggan. Sonny blew it when he passed up the field goal.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I don't have any problem with TCU going for it on 4th down. Have to believe your guys can punch it in from less than a yard with 2 tries and you'd hate to settle for a FG and watch KSU neat you with 6. With USC losing, TCU still has hope of making it into the Final Four
Charleston Pony

Postby peruna81 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:09 pm

'Bama beat A&M on the final play and lost to Tennessee and LSU.

Alabama will get the nod.

Now if the Fighting Harbaughs lose...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:28 am

peruna81 wrote:'Bama beat A&M on the final play and lost to Tennessee and LSU.

Alabama will get the nod.

Now if the Fighting Harbaughs lose...

SEC bias has a chance of hurting TCU and while it might be true that Bama is a better team than TCU, I really think the frogs deserve an opportunity based on their full season's results.
Charleston Pony

Postby redpony » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:57 am

[quote="Charleston Pony"
SEC bias has a chance of hurting TCU and while it might be true that Bama is a better team than TCU, I really think the frogs deserve an opportunity based on their full season's results.[/quote]

not sure I agree- if the quality of the b12 were equal to that of the SEC then perhaps but IMO there is no comparison between the 'difficulty' of winning the SEC and winning the b12.
redpony

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:55 pm

IMO, They should do away with conference championships. You can’t have it both ways, boast about it when you win it but disregard it when you lose it. Shouldn’t work that way. Doesn’t matter if you lose in OT just like a win in OT during the regular season isn’t counted less. Having said that, I think they got the top 4 right but I disagree with the final rankings. I would have put OSU third and I think USC was penalized too much, the toads not at all for the loss, it’s all different criteria.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Dukie » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:11 pm

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:IMO, They should do away with conference championships. You can’t have it both ways, boast about it when you win it but disregard it when you lose it. Shouldn’t work that way. Doesn’t matter if you lose in OT just like a win in OT during the regular season isn’t counted less. Having said that, I think they got the top 4 right but I disagree with the final rankings. I would have put OSU third and I think USC was penalized too much, the toads not at all for the loss, it’s all different criteria.

I think tOSU is third in their minds, but they're not going to create a Big Whatever rematch in the semis. There are times in the past they've strained the 1-4 ratings to keep Bama and UGa apart, and they did that again.
Dukie
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football