PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL SMU- LAMAR ATTENDANCE PREDICTIONS

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL SMU- LAMAR ATTENDANCE PREDICTIONS

Postby fan » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:21 pm

crispy_taco wrote:Again I agree with mrydel that while attendance is dismal it’s not the end of the world.
I’m just have a very tough time believing a “Methodist day” would bring in a substantial amount of fans. I grew up a bike ride distance from LSU and I have seen a precipitous decline in people actually going INTO the stadium. Keep in mind that tiger stadium is the most electric atmosphere in the entire country. That’s an experience that’s easy to sell.

Yet, I was at the Florida game last year and it was probably 60 percent full. Take a look at the student attendance for Ole miss home opener. Their student attendance may have been less than ours and that’s a much larger university. Less people want to exert the effort of going to a 4 hour game these days when it’s on TV and there’s no non sellout blackouts. It’s one thing to go to the parade grounds, grove, or blvd but it’s tough to get people in seats. Seems like the only reason people go to live events is to film sh*t on their damn phones anyway

Our product is OK if we’re being honest. Not bad, but what do we have to show for it no conference championships. It may not be what we want, but we just have to follow the U of Miami model because that’s really our full potential. No one’s gonna care when we aren’t winning big time. But if you put out an electric, fun, and willing product they will come.

Spot on.
fan
Varsity

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:43 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:There was this:

https://www.hpumc.org/events/faith-family-football-2022

But no question SMU could do better marketing this program and the game day experience at The Boulevard and Ford

Thanks CP.

This has been a problem for 50+ years and really only 1 AD, Russ Potts attempted to address it.

And as we won’t be getting a B10, SEC or B12 invite, this problem isn’t going away.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:23 pm

Besides Faith Family Football thing with HPUMC, there was the Josh Abbott band thing and I heard that season ticket holders got eight extra tickets apiece to hand out to friends. Maybe it was one or two tickets per season ticket purchased?

Looking at it from the west side, it probably feels empty but every section had someone in it, the south EZ was packed and the north EZ was half filled at most. I could tell that quite a few recruits were invited as well. Oh and all former military got in with the 7-11 app.

Beat Maryland and it'll be rocking for TCU after some mimosas. Will definitely be a late arriving crowd.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football