PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

W2W4 - Lamar

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

W2W4 - Lamar

Postby JasonB » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:29 pm

When playing an opponent like this, your focus changes. Instead of looking at where we win, you want to try and identify where we are breaking even or struggling. Especially with our second and third string to see how much depth we actually have.

QB - Preston will get a half, and will be given the opportunity to throw the ball in a game situation rather than last week when he just ran the clock out. Is he able to continue our dominance at that point? Fully expect him to continue to put up numbers.

RB - Camar and TJ are coming off long term injuries. In week 2, do they still show the burst from week1?

WR - we know that our starters are studs. I want to see Dixon, Knox, Daniels, and Goffney dominate when they get in the game and show off the depth.

TE - Two splash plays from Maryland is the expectation.

OL - We know our top 6 are good. I want to see if Sparks, Erwin, and Perdue can win at this level and give us hope for depth. If they struggle, it isn't a good sign.

DE - We know what Wiley and Paul are. I want to see Jones, Sneed, Smith, and Aho make plays. If they don't show up in the backfield in this game, again, it is a sign that we might be a little limited with DE depth. I think we will see Jones, Sneed and Smith each get a sack.

DT - Newman and Njiki struggled last week off the bench. I want to see Wright dominate at the point of attack, and I want to see if Newman and Njiki can hold their own against lower competition, or if it is a bad sign.

CB - I want to see a second straight strong performance from the starters, to repeat what they did last week. I'm really interested to watch Davis and Lawton to see if they can dominate as well and might be ready to provide real depth. Lamar hit two long TDs last week - can we cut that out? I think Davis in particular will look really good.

S - really want to watch Moses and see if he can be counted on this year. I suspect he will look really good against this competition when he gets time in the second half.

K - Can Rogers have a second straight week of automatic, straight down the middle? Especially in a blowout when attention wavers?

I think SMU covers, 66-7, because I think our second string on offense and defense will come in and continue to push the game.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football