PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

smu-tcu game thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: smu-tcu game thread

Postby crazy horse » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:08 am

I think there were 3 maybe 4 what I would call gimmick plays. All of them were executed quite poorly. Lack of practice? Player concentration/lack of desire?

I will say one positive about Sonny's Mustang teams - they usually ran one gimmick play against TCU with great success.

TCUs athleticism was likely the best we have seen since 2018. So certainly that influenced the success/failure of those plays. The reverse pass by Austin was crazy bad. As others had mentioned, he could of run for it, run more and then tossed it, even take a beat to plant and then throw accurately. I know he is a WR and does not throw a pass often, but wow.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:00 pm

crazy horse wrote: The reverse pass by Austin was crazy bad. As others had mentioned, he could of run for it, run more and then tossed it, even take a beat to plant and then throw accurately. I know he is a WR and does not throw a pass often, but wow.

He came in as a QB recruit which makes it even worse. Moment got too big and game just too fast for him on that 2 point conversion attempt. Maybe he will be able to execute that play if we see it again later this season but there won't likely be the same element of surprise
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Smumba2009 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:12 pm

EastStang wrote:Maryland gave #4 Michigan all they could handle.

And they spotted them 7 on the kickoff fumble
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:13 pm

One final comment on yesterday's game. Just like coaches often take the blame for losses to protect and support their guys, I'm going to accept blame for that loss. The SMU flag I've been flying was blue with a red mustang and SMU in red letters but the blue had faded and looked more purple than blue.

https://www.757sc.com/products/smu-sout ... 1208476755

I knew that was a bad omen and it bothered me all week but I left it flying yesterday. It is now in the trash and I have a new flag flying that was cheaper but looks good to me and will hopefully help turn this season around for my guys!

https://www.sportsflagsandpennants.com/ ... kwQAvD_BwE
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMULaxer » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:49 am

TCU still couldn't cover #11. How many PI did he draw against that great match up Sony was talking about?
Pay Lashlee more money
SMULaxer
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football