PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

VIDEO: Lashlee, Bailey, Paul after SMU falls, 42-34, to TCU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

VIDEO: Lashlee, Bailey, Paul after SMU falls, 42-34, to TCU

Postby PonyPride » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:36 pm

VIDEO: SMU football head coach Rhett Lashlee, wide receiver Jake Bailey and defensive end Nelson Paul met the media after the Mustangs fell, 42-34, to TCU.

PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: VIDEO: Lashlee, Bailey, Paul after SMU falls, 42-34, to

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:36 am

It's like we've heard many times before, wins and losses come down to a handful of plays in every game and that was the case again yesterday. Hopefully our guys can bounce back but I have to believe this loss sets the program back in terms of having any hope of getting a seat at the big boys table any time soon.
Charleston Pony

Postby PK » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:28 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:It's like we've heard many times before, wins and losses come down to a handful of plays in every game and that was the case again yesterday. Hopefully our guys can bounce back but I have to believe this loss sets the program back in terms of having any hope of getting a seat at the big boys table any time soon.

I don't agree. We played well against both P5 teams and lost by only 1 score. The difference in total yardage between TCU and SMU was 11 yards. We were very competitive and certainly did much better against TCU than Colorado did. Some times the ball bounces the wrong way, but we are a handful for the other teams to handle and not a push over. I think long term we could fit in nicely to the PAC, ACC and even the BIG 12 if there wasn't so much animosity left over from the SWC times.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Silk » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:51 pm

I agree that we could compete in the Pac-12 (except against Oregon and Washington), but saying we did better than Colorado is not setting the bar very high, since CU looked like a JV team in the opener.

I'm surprised that the yardage was so close.
Silk
Varsity

Postby PK » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:25 pm

Silk wrote:I agree that we could compete in the Pac-12 (except against Oregon and Washington), but saying we did better than Colorado is not setting the bar very high, since CU looked like a JV team in the opener.

I'm surprised that the yardage was so close.

Yeah, CU ain't great, but they are in the PAC. So why not us? It would be an upgrade for them for sure.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Return to Football