PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Will SMU make Bowl

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Will SMU make Bowl

Poll ended at Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:22 am

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes : 42

Re: Will SMU make Bowl

Postby giacfsp » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:06 pm

Not thinking about bowls.
Beat Navy.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:02 am

giacfsp wrote:Not thinking about bowls.
Beat Navy.

Beat navy or there is virtually ZERO chance this team will become bowl eligible this year
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:33 am

I still think our guys will need to win 3 of these next 4 games to finish with a winning record (7-5) and assure a trip to some random bowl, which is still a good thing given the extra practices and perks for the players. Assuming a loss to Cincinnati, this means they have to beat Navy and then Tulsa in Tulsa before facing Houston in Ford Stadium. If they lose to Tulsa on 10/29 we can take solace in the fact our basketball team opens it's season with an exhibition game vs Paul Quinn that night. It's always good to see Paul visiting Moody as he usually gives the entire roster an opportunity to play.
Charleston Pony

Postby redpony » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:55 am

cp- did you forget we play Tulane? As of last night I would pencil that one in as a big loss.
redpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:46 am

redpony wrote:cp- did you forget we play Tulane? As of last night I would pencil that one in as a big loss.

I'm well aware of how tough it will be to beat Tulane...especially in NOLA but I think it comes down to how our guys react to last night's performance. If they play well and win 3 of the next 4 games, that puts us at 5-4 and I think we win 2 of the final 3. Beat Memphis at Ford and USF at their place and you can still lose in NOLA and finish 7-5. I'm not penciling in a win @ Tulsa, either. This team could finish 3-9 as easily as they could go 7-5.
Charleston Pony

Postby SMUstang » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:17 am

Charleston Pony wrote:
redpony wrote:cp- did you forget we play Tulane? As of last night I would pencil that one in as a big loss.

I'm well aware of how tough it will be to beat Tulane...especially in NOLA but I think it comes down to how our guys react to last night's performance. If they play well and win 3 of the next 4 games, that puts us at 5-4 and I think we win 2 of the final 3. Beat Memphis at Ford and USF at their place and you can still lose in NOLA and finish 7-5. I'm not penciling in a win @ Tulsa, either. This team could finish 3-9 as easily as they could go 7-5.

At this point, 7-5 would be a great season. 5 wins out of the next 7 games would be outstanding but unlikely.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:25 pm

SMUstang wrote:At this point, 7-5 would be a great season. 5 wins out of the next 7 games would be outstanding but unlikely.

An 8-4 finish would be outstanding. I'd like to think 7-5 is very possible. Anything less will be disappointing but certainly possible.
Charleston Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:47 pm

So we are 2-3 with 7 games left with the most likely outcome of any remaining game a loss to Cincy (i will pencil that one in as a L)

That makes us 2-4 with 6 games left, any one winnable, any one lose-able.

Got to split it down the middle and say we go 3-3

So it looks like 5-7 to me.

Now if things break our way, that Memphis game on Thanksgiving weekend might determine our Frisco Bowl fate. Good news is it’s at Ford where we’ll have a huge home field advantage.
SoCal_Pony

Postby originaloverthehilltop1 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:05 pm

is that last socal sentence him being facetious?
originaloverthehilltop1
Varsity

Postby Smumba2009 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:16 pm

Sad bunch of people this forum, myself included. I did see one person hanging onto positivity... good for him.
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby SMUstang » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:58 pm

An 8-4 finish would be outstanding. I'd like to think 7-5 is very possible. Anything less will be disappointing but certainly possible.

It looks to me like we will be lucky to make it to the Frisco Bowl this year. And hope we draw someone we can beat, getting us to 7-6 overall.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:39 pm

And now it would appear a 7-5 finish would be a really good finish for this team. I'm assuming a loss at Tulane so they would have to run the table otherwise and I'm fearing a loss @ Tulsa and another loss to Houston at Ford could see this team go into a death spiral and finish 4-8

When does basketball tipoff?
Charleston Pony

Postby soccermom » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:51 pm

I’d like to see it happen for the players, and us.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:56 pm

Helluva game today. Seriously. Lots of reason for hope for the future. Stone is the real deal.
ponyboy

Postby mustangxc » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:40 am

We are due to beat a good team this season so I think it is entirely possible we beat Tulane. The Sonny Dykes late season collapse had less to do with his coaching failures and more to do with our schedule. This season we have already played all of our toughest opponents. I think we have a good chance of finishing 7-5 if not 8-4. So far, the only game we lost that I thought we would win is TCU and that is mainly because TCU is playing much better than anyone could have predicted. Our losses aside from UCF have not been blowouts so we are very close to being where we want to be.
mustangxc

PreviousNext

Return to Football