PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cavan's Caravan Out of Dallas?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cavan's Caravan Out of Dallas?

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:12 am

I know it's only the first game of the season, folks. But I've come to the conclusion that Coach Cavan 'sold a bill of goods' to SMU. He got this stadium built and now he can't even coach a team to a winning season in order to fill it up! I'm coming up from Houston next weekend to see the TCU game. I'll be sitting on the 35-yard line, press box side, in the section just below the 'suites'. Look for me! I'll be VERY VOCAL ABOUT IT! By God...if the Mustangs come up short on this one, I'll be leading the charge for Cavan to 'pack his bags' and get his caravan out of Big D! Surely there's an asst. coach waiting in the wings that can do something with these talented Mustangs! I can't take another losing season! GET WITH IT CAVAN! THE NEXT GAME IS EITHER GOING TO BE YOUR 'GET OUT OF TOWN' TICKET BEING PUNCHED OR THE ONE THAT SHOWS THIS MUSTANG FAN OF 44 YEARS THAT YOU CAN DO WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE 'EM COMPETE! AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR???? ANYONE ELSE AGREE????

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!"
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Cavan's Caravan Out of Dallas?

Postby No Cal Pony » Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:26 pm

I'm coming in from Sacto to see friends and take care of some business. Going to the game! I'll be cheering the team along, despite what cavan may try to do to them. I believe the kids are trying hard. If cavan can't get it together quick, start looking to get a replacement for next season. Get him in here soon enough to let them get to recruiting. We can't let the program get any worse. See you at Ford!

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Peruna04 » Tue Sep 04, 2001 9:59 pm

You got it '65. I might not go that far, but we need some wins. Beat TCU!!
Peruna04

Postby SunStang » Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:58 am

Cavan was ready to pack his bags a long time ago. Even Cavan himself recognizes that he deserves to be outta here, but for some reason administration can't. He's waiting to go, but knows that SMU is too cheap to get rid of him and shell out the dough for a coach that can turn the program around. How can an athletic department hang on to a coach that hasn't had a winning season since '97 ??!! Why wait to see if Cavan can win another game? Are you crazy? He's had 4 years, a REAL program would have been ready to play some REAL football a long time ago.
SunStang

Postby '83pony4ever » Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:43 am

coming up from the hill country for the tcu game with the same attitude as you...this guy is a proven loser (record at smu is proof enough for me) who is wearing my usual patient self down.
'83pony4ever

Return to Football