PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Houston game thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Houston game thread

Postby Smumba2009 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:23 pm

82Pony wrote:
redpony wrote:
mtrout wrote: . Can't we, in Dallas, get games at least on FM radio. Plus I walk by Dalls sports bars playing like 7 different broadcasts and no SMU.

It's kinda sad and somewhat of a reflection that no one in our admin ever played college sports. We need some people with a little bit of an FU attitude somewhere.

96.7 the ticket broadcasts all our football games.

Not this one. Had to listen to AM on my way to chipotle.

96.7 does not stream our games. I have had several emails with Brad Sutton about the issue. Problem on the SMU site is 'tune in app' is a pay site if you want to listen to games. the other app is only if you have a google chrome computer. If you go to 96.7 at game time you will not hear any of our game. At least that is my experience over the first four or five games.
I agree that it is really small time to not have our games broadcast to the public. But then again.......[/quote]

I believe that is correct. Fortunately, I have SiriusXM and can listen there.[/quote]

I've listened to several of our games this year on the Ticket while watching my eldest son play in golf tournaments. They have been my go to source so I'm surprised they didn't broadcast but also didn't realize there was a Stars game conflict. Would definitely be a positive sign to see a consistent radio source for our games like Ohio State has had over the years.
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby mtrout » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:27 pm

AM radio (570 or 1310) is just kinda busch league but it's at least something I guess. I'm also sad that 103.3 (the ESPN station) is now like some religious / "covid vaccine is the modern holocaust" / "the earth's poles are reversing" station.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby DC-Pony » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:30 pm

Final score 77-63. (140 points)

Final score of the last SMU-Houston BASKETBALL game…
75-61 (136 points)
DC-Pony
Varsity

Postby BUS » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:10 pm

Mtrout

You too could have eternal lif.e
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:50 pm

mtrout wrote:AM radio (570 or 1310) is just kinda busch league but it's at least something I guess. I'm also sad that 103.3 (the ESPN station) is now like some religious / "covid vaccine is the modern holocaust" / "the earth's poles are reversing" station.

I try to keep up with stats and info while at the games, 570 was so bad with static on Saturday night, that I just gave up on it.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby White Helmet » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:28 pm

The Varsity Network App is free and has the SMU radio call. You can also listen to the College Football Blitz there...
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby Smumba2009 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:22 am

White Helmet wrote:The Varsity Network App is free and has the SMU radio call. You can also listen to the College Football Blitz there...

$$$
Smumba2009
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football