PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Houston game thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Houston game thread

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:15 pm

EastStang wrote:Lavine had about 150. Man I wish we’d used him against Maryland.

146 yards on 25 carries for the bowling ball tonight. He is going to feel it tonight and tomorrow and probably for days but I'm sure it will feel good to him. Both defenses were totally gassed late and our OL was opening huge holes. Can you imagine what Camar might have done with that much running room?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Smumba2009 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:17 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
EastStang wrote:Lavine had about 150. Man I wish we’d used him against Maryland.

146 yards on 25 carries for the bowling ball tonight. He is going to feel it tonight and tomorrow and probably for days but I'm sure it will feel good to him

I think we know who our best back is now. Wish we figured this out week 1... by we I mean the coaching staff. Love you Lavine
Smumba2009
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:34 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:83 offensive plays tonight should be another SMU single game record. Houston averaged 10 yards per play and our guys 7.7. Track meet tonight resulting in a basketball score but it was fun
I thought we had a game earlier this year with almost 100 plays
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby mtrout » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:34 pm

Smumba2009 wrote:
mtrout wrote:
Rla1022 wrote:Must be nfl network broadcast. They’re worse than the normal. I had to go out to my car and listen on 570

Lol @ 570. Can't we, in Dallas, get games at least on FM radio. Plus I walk by Dalls sports bars playing like 7 different broadcasts and no SMU.

It's kinda sad and somewhat of a reflection that no one in our admin ever played college sports. We need some people with a little bit of an FU attitude somewhere.

96.7 the ticket broadcasts all our football games.

Not this one. Had to listen to AM on my way to chipotle.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Terry Webster » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:36 pm

ponyboy wrote:For those who watched on tv, did Rice catch that ball in the corner of the end zone? Looked from my seat that he slid his foot and made the circus catch.

By the way, that was the highest scoring college football game ever that did not go into overtime. 13 first half touchdowns. Just insane.

He caught it but had a bobble which kept him from having possession. It was a correct call.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:37 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
SMU Pom Mom wrote:The announcer literally called Houston "we."

Well WE are going to lose tonight

They also called us the Tigers one time (given our unis do look Memphis-y)
and
They made fun of Peruna: “that’s a mustang?”
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby tristatecoog » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:48 pm

Great game by Mordecai, Lavine and the Pony O. Same with the three picks. Wow!

My daughter runs with Peruna. They were all tired. Eleven TDs has to be a record.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:30 pm

tristatecoog wrote:Great game by Mordecai, Lavine and the Pony O. Same with the three picks. Wow!

My daughter runs with Peruna. They were all tired. Eleven TDs has to be a record.

Good for your daughter….

And those 3 picks were probably the difference tonight

140 points and only 1 punt…..by SMU
SoCal_Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:52 am

mrydel wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:83 offensive plays tonight should be another SMU single game record. Houston averaged 10 yards per play and our guys 7.7. Track meet tonight resulting in a basketball score but it was fun
I thought we had a game earlier this year with almost 100 plays

I seem to recall that as well. Would have to go back and check..SMU ran 96 plays @ Maryland earlier this season, 86 vs TCU and 85 @ UCF so last night actually gets # 4 in the record books
Last edited by Charleston Pony on Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:03 am

Big shout out to Roberts and Rogers whose INTs were the difference in this one. Bend but not completely shatter!
Charleston Pony

Postby AusTxPony » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:03 am

So happy to beat these guys. NFL announcer was such a homer for Houston, irritating! Kudos to the Offense, one sack given, but, oh those Defences on both sides. Yikes! Lot of work to do before next year. Mordecai and Tune played lights out, but we had more weapons. Redding, Roberts and Lavine, nice. Another thought, remember when we sweated every PAT? So thank you Mr. Rogers for your sure foot.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:06 am

I honestly thought the game was going to be decided by a missed extra point by one of the teams
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby redpony » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:17 am

mtrout wrote: . Can't we, in Dallas, get games at least on FM radio. Plus I walk by Dalls sports bars playing like 7 different broadcasts and no SMU.

It's kinda sad and somewhat of a reflection that no one in our admin ever played college sports. We need some people with a little bit of an FU attitude somewhere.

96.7 the ticket broadcasts all our football games.[/quote]
Not this one. Had to listen to AM on my way to chipotle.[/quote]

96.7 does not stream our games. I have had several emails with Brad Sutton about the issue. Problem on the SMU site is 'tune in app' is a pay site if you want to listen to games. the other app is only if you have a google chrome computer. If you go to 96.7 at game time you will not hear any of our game. At least that is my experience over the first four or five games.
I agree that it is really small time to not have our games broadcast to the public. But then again.......
redpony

Postby 82Pony » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:22 am

redpony wrote:
mtrout wrote: . Can't we, in Dallas, get games at least on FM radio. Plus I walk by Dalls sports bars playing like 7 different broadcasts and no SMU.

96.7 the ticket broadcasts all our football games.

Not this one. Had to listen to AM on my way to chipotle.[/quote]

96.7 does not stream our games. I have had several emails with Brad Sutton about the issue. Problem on the SMU site is 'tune in app' is a pay site if you want to listen to games. the other app is only if you have a google chrome computer. If you go to 96.7 at game time you will not hear any of our game. At least that is my experience over the first four or five games.
I agree that it is really small time to not have our games broadcast to the public. But then again.......[/quote]

I believe that is correct. Fortunately, I have SiriusXM and can listen there.
82Pony
Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:47 pm

Ticket didn't broadcast the game at all because the Stars played at 3:30, who Ticket also broadcasts.
Mustangs35SMU

PreviousNext

Return to Football