PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thoughts on the WTF OMG game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Thoughts on the WTF OMG game

Postby Terry Webster » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:11 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:I hope we work [deleted] our tackling in our bowl practices but I have a feeling we won't.

I am afraid that ship has sailed for this season.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby docabel » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:54 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:I hope we work [deleted] our tackling in our bowl practices but I have a feeling we won't.

Not much time between now and the Frisco Bowl to work the rust off an entire season.
docabel
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:50 pm

Honestly, I would love to go to some pre-bowl game practices to see if this happens. Hopefully I can make that happen.

Because you have players sitting out the bowl practices if they are going pro or carrying injury, it is a great opportunity to really set a tone going into the offseason and what the culture is going to look like moving forward. Lots of backups get to play. So you go at a fast tempo and make it very physical in practice. Let the guys who are going to ball out practice and play, and let the other guys sit out and hit the transfer portal. And have some honest conversations with others who aren't a great fit for the team and/or new culture.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if the tone changes significantly in those practices.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:30 pm

docabel wrote:

Not much time between now and the Frisco Bowl to work the rust off an entire season.

If we are lucky our Frisco Bowl opponent will come down with Covid-22 and we won't have to go.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Webmaster » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:34 pm

We need a decent bowl to happen because we get a ton of extra practice, but also because both the fans and the team direly need an infusion of enthusiasm.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football