PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ohio State President Quits After One Loss Season

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ohio State President Quits After One Loss Season

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:33 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... af070dc626

Maybe there is something to learn here?
HubbaHubba
All-American

Re: Ohio State President Quits After One Loss Season

Postby soccermom » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:00 am

My friend’s daughter is a senior at OSU and the other day she was telling me about this woman. Sounds like a sick, evil person. She was forced out by the board of trustees. I’ll share a couple of things I was told that happened. The 60,000 students HAD to spit in a vial to check for Covid tests weekly when they returned after the spring of 2020 and if positive, were placed in a designated dorm where they sometimes got food (didn’t get it on a regular schedule). Students were writing Help Me on post it notes and putting on their windows in that dorm. My friend wishes she wouldn’t finish out the year and leave ASAP.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:31 am

soccermom wrote:My friend’s daughter is a senior at OSU and the other day she was telling me about this woman. Sounds like a sick, evil person. She was forced out by the board of trustees. I’ll share a couple of things I was told that happened. The 60,000 students HAD to spit in a vial to check for Covid tests weekly when they returned after the spring of 2020 and if positive, were placed in a designated dorm where they sometimes got food (didn’t get it on a regular schedule). Students were writing Help Me on post it notes and putting on their windows in that dorm. My friend wishes she wouldn’t finish out the year and leave ASAP.

Covid, Michovid. Let's get our priorities straight. They lost to Michigan 2 years in a row.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby redpony » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:34 am

and if they lose next year the coach will be looking for a new job. losing to mi. is not an option.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:06 am

How many people died because OSU lost to Michigam?
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby giacfsp » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:23 am

redpony wrote:and if they lose next year the coach will be looking for a new job. losing to mi. is not an option.

There are some saying he should be canned now ... after going 11-1
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby tristatecoog » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:30 am

Dr. Hiroyuki Fujita, chair of the board of trustees, said in a statement: “On behalf of the entire Board of Trustees, I want to thank Dr. Johnson for her dedication to the university, especially her leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic."

Impressive background: Last 13 years included three years as chancellor of SUNY system, eight years as dean of the engineering school at Duke University and two years as provost at Johns Hopkins University. Stanford educated with an accomplished wife. Hopefully tOSU bought out the remaining two years on her contract. However, it seems she left for cause.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:08 am

Terry Webster wrote:How many people died because OSU lost to Michigam?

They're still tallying up the numbers.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby redpony » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:31 am

they don't accept losing or being mediocre. much different than the attitude of our pres. and BOT where mediocrity is the order of the day.
redpony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:54 pm

soccermom wrote:My friend’s daughter is a senior at OSU and the other day she was telling me about this woman. Sounds like a sick, evil person. She was forced out by the board of trustees. I’ll share a couple of things I was told that happened. The 60,000 students HAD to spit in a vial to check for Covid tests weekly when they returned after the spring of 2020 and if positive, were placed in a designated dorm where they sometimes got food (didn’t get it on a regular schedule). Students were writing Help Me on post it notes and putting on their windows in that dorm. My friend wishes she wouldn’t finish out the year and leave ASAP.

I had no idea Gretchen Witmer was the OSU president. Sounds horrible.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:53 pm

redpony wrote:they don't accept losing or being mediocre. much different than the attitude of our pres. and BOT where mediocrity is the order of the day.

Silly statement. They lose all the time.
gostangs

Postby mtrout » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:48 pm

Kinda like this?
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/educati ... ronavirus/
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:35 am

A couple of points here.

- Ohio State hired an outside consultant to carry out the annual performance review of the university president. I wish SMU would do that.
- I think it’s absurd that football coaches make more than university presidents. Priorities are just out of whack
- the one game OSU can’t lose is to Michigan. Even if they win the other 11 games. If Ryan loses next year to Michigan which I think is very likely, he’ll be fired.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby redpony » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:00 am

gostangs wrote:
redpony wrote:they don't accept losing or being mediocre. much different than the attitude of our pres. and BOT where mediocrity is the order of the day.

Silly statement. They lose all the time.

Really??? Just compare their results for the last 15 yrs. against ours. They take losing seriously not as part of just being mediocre. Glad you like RGT's attitude toward sports and losing.
redpony

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:04 am

She wasn’t fired because tOSU lost to Michigan.

She has a distinguished background. Something went awry and she’s clearly not a good ol boy.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Football