PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Will this site stay open to the \"enemy\"?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Will this site stay open to the \"enemy\"?

Postby Eneg » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:48 pm

Hey, I appreciate the fact that Ponyfans.com is still open to those of us who love to stir things up with SMU fans. The Baylor forum has just closed up to everyone except ardent Baylor fans. So far, TTech, TCU and A&M haven't followed suit. Baylor guys seem touchier than others. Thanks for keeping this site open to aliens like us.
Eneg

Postby PlanoStang » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:28 pm

Baylor is becoming paranoid at having to leave the Bull Crap Series most likely in the near future. The SEMI-Pro BCS is just tooo tough for small academically oriented universities.
Last edited by PlanoStang on Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:48 pm

sure; why not? It's good to know we still have enemies. That suggests some still view us as a threat. Pretty amazing considering our ineptitude the past 15 years.

We are going to be hard to live with if we ever start winning again.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Higher Authority » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:09 am

As long as I've been coming to this site, it's always seemed to welcome views and opinions of fans from other schools. As long as posts are kept fairly clean and unfounded personal attacks aren't being made, you shouldn't have any problems here. I, at least, enjoy the give-and-take with fans from other schools.
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby gostangs » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:51 pm

Lets face it - the Bears have always been the least fun, most defensive school out there. They are into information control. For the life of me I don't see what anybody sees in that place - tuition wise its lots of money for a school that is not very good academically.
gostangs

Postby ponyte » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:03 pm

Baylor closed their site? I'll drink to that. :lol:
ponyte

Re:

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:51 pm

PlanoStang wrote:Baylor is becoming paranoid at having to leave the Bull Crap Series most likely in the near future. The SEMI-Pro BCS is just tooo tough for small academically oriented universities.

The University of Miami is THE premier football program in all of America.

Miami has a smaller enrollment, yet is academically superior to Baylor.

So your statement simply doesn’t hold true.

Baylor’s problems are two-fold. They have low enrollment and they are located in a hellhole.

That is why SMU would be a better Big XII member than Baylor, period.
SoCal_Pony

Postby gostangs » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:30 pm

I thought their enrollment is about twice what our is - but you are right about quality - they have upped their tuition costs without any increase in quality - which means their application pool is down and they are having to accept basically everyone that is willing to come. They have a long way to go to climb up the quality ladder.
gostangs

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:57 pm

SMU would make a better Big XII member than Baylor???

We would be FAR DOWN on that list. TCU is probably the only private school that would be a good replacement right now, and even with their success on the field/court in recent years, they have no more following than Baylor. UTEP might be a better replacement to be perfectly honest about it.

Baylor belongs with SMU, TCU, UNT, Rice, Houston, Tulsa, Tulane & La Tech in a new SWC.
Charleston Pony

Postby ClassOf81 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:21 pm

That would be a really entertaining conference. I'd make roadtrips to see the Ponies play in football and basketball.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:59 pm

CP,

Are you serious????????????? Baylor has a PATHETIC Big XII conference record and you think we couldn’t top it? They have won only 2 conference games in the last 5 years!!

Give me BCS $ and a ‘committed’ administration and we could run laps around Baylor or TCU.

Expand Ford and our home games against UT, A&M and OU all become sellouts. Nebraska, Colorado, K-State, OSU and TTech would average 40k.

Why?....because of all the schools I mentioned, only Austin and Boulder are compatible to Dallas and of those 2 cities, only 1 is located in talent-rich Texas. (for the record, El Paso has more in common with Waco than Dallas).

CP, you say we don’t deserve to belong with the big boys. I understand your reasoning (kind of) but please explain how the University of Miami is THE TOP FOOTBALL SCHOOL in the country. What exactly do they have that we don’t, other than BCS membership and a committed administration?
SoCal_Pony

Re:

Postby MizterTea » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:05 am

gostangs wrote:Lets face it - the Bears have always been the least fun, most defensive school out there. They are into information control. For the life of me I don't see what anybody sees in that place - tuition wise its lots of money for a school that is not very good academically.

Maybe those suckas should stop killing people - and tell their coaches to stop lying about it !

(and people suckas still point at SMU cause we bought a few cars)
First name \"Mister\"
Middle name \"Period\"
Last name.... \"T\"
MizterTea
Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:16 am

haha.. *sigh*

good times.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Re:

Postby couch 'em » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:20 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:CP,

Are you serious????????????? Baylor has a PATHETIC Big XII conference record and you think we couldn’t top it? They have won only 2 conference games in the last 5 years!!

Give me BCS $ and a ‘committed’ administration and we could run laps around Baylor or TCU.

Based on what? We won zero conference games this year against WAC teams. Seems we are doing worse......

Expand Ford and our home games against UT, A&M and OU all become sellouts. Nebraska, Colorado, K-State, OSU and TTech would average 40k.

We played OSU and TTech....I didn't see 40k. I doubt I'd see it if we were getting slapped around in the big 12 either.

What exactly do they have that we don’t, other than BCS membership and a committed administration?

Well what else do they need? You suggest this like it is an easy thing to fix. We students hardly have conscious memories from the years SMU had a committed administration. That is a very hard thing to change.

Interesting note: Coming back from Fresno, several people swear they saw ol' Keshawn in DFW airport. Looking more and more like he's gonna be wearing the star.
couch 'em

Postby EastStang » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:39 am

Personally, I think its great when stray Aggies, Longhorns, Bears, Frogs, and whatever UNT calls themselves these days, visit. We don't have many people to make fun of anymore and you make such easy targets.
EastStang

Next

Return to Football