PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Will this site stay open to the \"enemy\"?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re:

Postby PlanoStang » Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:33 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:SMU would make a better Big XII member than Baylor???

We would be FAR DOWN on that list. TCU is probably the only private school that would be a good replacement right now, and even with their success on the field/court in recent years, they have no more following than Baylor. UTEP might be a better replacement to be perfectly honest about it.

Baylor belongs with SMU, TCU, UNT, Rice, Houston, Tulsa, Tulane & La Tech in a new SWC.

Maybe that might happen in a few years. I think Baylor will eventually be forced out of the Big Smelve if they don't leave on their own. Might even include UTEP in that bunch, or in place of UNT.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Bad info on Baylorfans.com

Postby Sic_em » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:38 pm

It seems that a lot of you were in the mood to bash Baylor, but the info that clown gave you about the Baylorfans.com site is absolutely untrue. BaylorFans was down for a few days because the site had outgrown its server capacity. They had to scramble to find a new provider...the site is still totally public. There are three Baylor paysites out there (Rivals, Insiders and a private board), but BaylorFans.com isn't one of them.
Sic_em
Junior Varsity

Postby Red+BlueDude » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:38 pm

Glad to hear it - I hate website networks that try to soak regular fans for information on their own teams.
Red+BlueDude
Varsity

Re:

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:42 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
PlanoStang wrote:Baylor is becoming paranoid at having to leave the Bull Crap Series most likely in the near future. The SEMI-Pro BCS is just tooo tough for small academically oriented universities.

The University of Miami is THE premier football program in all of America.

Miami has a smaller enrollment, yet is academically superior to Baylor.

So your statement simply doesn’t hold true.

Baylor’s problems are two-fold. They have low enrollment and they are located in a hellhole.

That is why SMU would be a better Big XII member than Baylor, period.

Being located in a hellhole is a major PLUS. See Odessa Permian, and Midland Lee. Baylor's suffering worse than we did in the SWC just after the DP, but they can count on 30000 plus attending their games simply because there's nothing else to do in Whacko.

Not too sure of my facts, but UofM seems to have been on probation a few times in the last 20 years or so? They had a lot more experience than Smoo had in convincing a few key players to accept scholarships, and then submerge into the depths in the 80s. When I think of anything great Miami does nowdays I have to put a few grains of salt on it like I did with Smoo in the 80s.

Actually, that's true for me for most of the schools in the Big Cr*ppy Smell.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Eneg » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:07 pm

Hey, Sic'em, if you're right, why does it say at the bottom of the page, YOU MAY NOT POST ON THIS SITE, YOU MAY NOT REPLY TO POSTS ON THIS SITE, YOU MAY NOT PUT ATTACHMENTS ON THIS SITE!!!!

To point out their new policy isn't exactly Baylor bashing, is it?
Eneg

Previous

Return to Football