PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Morstead hopes his journey inspires others to pursue dreams

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Morstead hopes his journey inspires others to pursue dreams

Postby PonyPride » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:48 pm

From cbssports.com:

Longtime punter Thomas Morstead hopes his remarkable football journey inspires others to pursue their dreams
By Bryan DeArdo

If one was to drive past Texas' Pearland High School roughly 20 years ago, there's a good chance they would have seen a teenager punting footballs on an empty practice field. That teenager, Thomas Morstead, has gone on to enjoy a long, highly successful career as an NFL punter that included being an integral part of one of the biggest plays in Super Bowl history.

Not many people, especially Morstead, envisioned that type of success two decades ago. A 5-foot, 90-pound freshman, Morstead quit football after breaking two bones in his leg in his first high school game. He returned to his first love, soccer, but continued to make the short walk from his home to the practice field to kick footballs at his leisure.

"I just didn't feel like I belonged on a football field," Morstead said during a recent interview with CBS Sports. "So I didn't play anymore after that and just focused on soccer."

Obviously, Morstead's story doesn't end there. In fact, that was just the beginning of a fascinating journey, one that actually began several years earlier during a family visit to an English farming village.

To read this article in its entirety, CLICK HERE.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football