PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bowl Games

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Bowl Games

Postby ponyboy » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:39 pm

Congratulations to TCU. Way to go.

Now, let’s go get them.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby peruna81 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:49 pm

ponyboy wrote:Congratulations to TCU. Way to go.

Now, let’s go get them.

Jim, I already knew this, but you have demonstrated again that you are a far more generous soul than I am...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:07 pm

Give credit were it is earned.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby mtrout » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:32 pm

SMUguy wrote:Mordecai had broken ribs and Rice had a broken toe, and we played them better than Michigan did.

SMU to the Pac-12, Michigan to the Big 12

The road to the college football championship game runs through Ford Stadium!
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:36 pm

peruna81 wrote:
ponyboy wrote:Congratulations to TCU. Way to go.

Now, let’s go get them.

Jim, I already knew this, but you have demonstrated again that you are a far more generous soul than I am...

It ain’t easy, brother.
ponyboy

Postby jpe747 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:09 pm

I thought TCU played a very good game. However I had heard the Michigan OL was one of the best, if not the best, this year in college football. They looked awful. TCU’s line looked much better. SMU’s OL looked much better when we played TCU. I’m just baffled about what I saw from Michigan.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby PNW_Stang » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:36 pm

Also heard how UM will out physical them. TCu was bigger, faster, stronger, more physical.

Very impressive season. Love how so many Big 10 fans thought UM would push them around.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby PNW_Stang » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:38 pm

TCU out fanned UM too. Was way louder for TCU. Lots of friends and family at the game, and they said it was legit 1/2 TCU.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:38 pm

I looked at Michigan’s schedule and it was a joke with the exception of their final game against OSU away. They played 8 games at home and I believe prepared the full season for their match up against the buckeyes. They were exposed. The true national championship game should be the one on TV now.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby biffula » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:05 am

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:I looked at Michigan’s schedule and it was a joke with the exception of their final game against OSU away. They played 8 games at home and I believe prepared the full season for their match up against the buckeyes. They were exposed. The true national championship game should be the one on TV now.

TCU's strength of schedule was stronger than both Ohio St. and Michigan's this year.
biffula
Recruit

Postby peruna81 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:24 am

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:I looked at Michigan’s schedule and it was a joke with the exception of their final game against OSU away. They played 8 games at home and I believe prepared the full season for their match up against the buckeyes. They were exposed. The true national championship game should be the one on TV now.

Louisville vs Phi Slamma Jamma...semi finals of the NCAA tourney back in the day....same thing was said...and then came State

I believe Georgia woke up. They realized they were mortal, and faced a minor version of the quick-strike and speed attack that TC-Who has used to perfection this year. The Frogs will score Monday-week...but not enough. Duggan will get mugged. The Frogs will stymie Georgia's ground game in the same way they did Michigan's rushing attack. But Georgia has a good enough defense to force Duggan to run, and he isn't Stroud.

A slow, choking victory for Georgia by 17.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Arkpony » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:18 am

jpe747 wrote:I thought TCU played a very good game. However I had heard the Michigan OL was one of the best, if not the best, this year in college football. They looked awful. TCU’s line looked much better. SMU’s OL looked much better when we played TCU. I’m just baffled about what I saw from Michigan.

Both TCUs offensive and defensive lines owned Michigan. A job well done and I’m jealous.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby mtrout » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:54 am

peruna81 wrote:Louisville vs Phi Slamma Jamma...semi finals of the NCAA tourney back in the day....same thing was said...and then came State

I believe Georgia woke up. They realized they were mortal, and faced a minor version of the quick-strike and speed attack that TC-Who has used to perfection this year. The Frogs will score Monday-week...but not enough. Duggan will get mugged. The Frogs will stymie Georgia's ground game in the same way they did Michigan's rushing attack. But Georgia has a good enough defense to force Duggan to run, and he isn't Stroud.

A slow, choking victory for Georgia by 17.

Georgia woke up aka got real lucky... getting a timeout in the middle of a successful OSU fake punt followed by a DB-falling-down long Georgia TD, half the OSU stars being hurt, etc.

Georgia will probably beat TCU but if they don't it will be amazingly incredible. "So SMU, you beat TCU in '21 then half your staff goes to TCU and they win the national title immediately? What's up with that?"
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:48 pm

I'm actually pulling for TCU to pull off the Cinderella season and to beat Georgia. I'm trying to get past my jealousy because if TCU can beat defending champion Georgia from the big bad SEC, it tells me that SMU is not that far off from being able to compete with the big boys of college football. As much as I was disappointed with Sonny's leaving, I just keep thinking about what he said about his having taken SMU as far as he could. More than anything that we've suffered through in the past, TCU's winning a national championship would hopefully be a huge wake up call for our administration and a motivating factor for our big money donors
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:48 pm

Oh...and GO TULANE today!
Charleston Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football