PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

On a positive note....

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

On a positive note....

Postby peruna81 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:07 pm

Baylor is getting pounded...in the cold...at Amon Carter.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: On a positive note....

Postby BUS » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:57 am

So cold, glad SMUFB played hard in the cold last week. Win the next game!
Merry Christ-mass!
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby crispy_taco » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Hopefully that Baylor loss was the first clue into something we should have known weeks ago. The dirty secret that the big 12 may just be a bunch of not very good teams this year. Hope this becomes fully realized and I'm not an idiot
crispy_taco
Scout Team

Postby Arkpony » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:55 pm

crispy_taco wrote:Hopefully that Baylor loss was the first clue into something we should have known weeks ago. The dirty secret that the big 12 may just be a bunch of not very good teams this year. Hope this becomes fully realized and I'm not an idiot

We will see when TCU plays.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby ponyboy » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:38 pm

Not if we aren’t watching. No interest.
ponyboy

Postby Thumper » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:21 pm

Never been a Michigan fan, but here's hoping the Wolverines win by 100+
Thumper
Varsity

Postby slawton011963 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:34 pm

Amen Thumper.....ideally Michigan is up by that 100 you mention and calls a timeout with 2 seconds left to kick a field goal.
slawton011963

Postby Oldmins » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:21 pm

Thumper wrote:Never been a Michigan fan, but here's hoping the Wolverines win by 100+

Let's see now. TCU beat SMU by 8, so that puts Michigan 108 points over us.
Oldmins
Varsity

Postby peruna81 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:11 pm

I hesitate to broach this, but I believe TCU will beat Michigan.

The Frogs start fast. Michigan does not. The Frogs live on explosive plays. Michigan, with the exception of the OSU game, has not.

I'll be rooting for the Fighting Harbaughs, but I expect the Frogs to outscore Michigan. As stated in another thread, Hail To The Victors, Valliant.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:35 pm

peruna81 wrote:I hesitate to broach this, but I believe TCU will beat Michigan.

The Frogs start fast. Michigan does not. The Frogs live on explosive plays. Michigan, with the exception of the OSU game, has not.

I'll be rooting for the Fighting Harbaughs, but I expect the Frogs to outscore Michigan. As stated in another thread, Hail To The Victors, Valliant.

TCU beat SMU by 8. The other contestant in the Big 12 championship game was K State... who lost at home to Tulane. Baylor lost at BYU, Texas Tech to NC State. West Virginia lost to Pitt. The best non-conference win? Iowa State barely beating Iowa?

The Big 12 isn't very good, and I suspect that will play out when Michigan beats TCU pretty badly.
JasonB

Postby EastStang » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:15 am

On the other hand, we had the Maryland game in our hands and lost it in a close game. Maryland had Michigan on the ropes and lost in a close game. TCU beat us in a close game. So, I do expect a close game, although I agree the Big XII was terrible this year. UT and OU are highly over-rated.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:42 pm

I fear it might be close.
I want it to be so lopsided that tcu gets relegated to FCS.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:58 pm

I’ve stated multiple times the B12 is the most overrated conference in the country this year, and it’s not even close. Texas can recruit but can’t find a coach to put it together and OU was a dumpster fire after Riley left. The OU QB this year is terrible. It was there for the taking for any competent team with a good QB. The toads surprised everyone but were certainly not impressive and their schedule out of conference was dismal - I think we were the best team they faced out of conference. The toads are fourth or fifth in the SEC at best, and would be fourth in the B10 this year. This is their peak and everything had to align for it to happen. Now it’s time for gold ol’ fashion spankin’. They are getting the benefit of the doubt here also because other conferences are much more competitive that even teams like USC had it tough to go undefeated in the PAC 12, or Clemson in the ACC. I believe Michigan will ultimately roll over them, and it will become lopsided in the fourth quarter. I would have loved to have seen the toads against Georgia better, and a rematch of osu and Michigan. Georgia would have dismantled the toads. I still believe the two most talented teams are Georgia and OSU and it would have made for a great championship game.

By the way, not sure if anyone read the ESPN article on Benedict dykes and the toads. Dykes goes on to state that he expects to compete against Alabama in both recruiting and on the field. He’s drank so much kool-aid, I think he actually believes it. I did one can’t wait to see him brought back to reality.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:48 am

Either SMU is a top 20 program or the Frogs have had an unbelievable run of luck. I’m thinking the latter. And I too think their season is going to end in a very ugly manner.
ponyboy

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:07 am

ponyboy wrote:Either SMU is a top 20 program or the Frogs have had an unbelievable run of luck. I’m thinking the latter. And I too think their season is going to end in a very ugly manner.

Regardless of what happens against Michigan, I wouldn't say their season is going to end "ugly". We would love to be in their position, even if it means getting whipped and having people say you didn't deserve to be there. Bottom line is that they made the Final Four. Most people thought Cincinnati would get slaughtered last year but they proved themselves to be competitive
Charleston Pony

Next

Return to Football