PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

National Championship

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Who are you pulling for?

TCU
32%
UGA
68%

Total votes : 57

Re: National Championship

Postby 03Mustang » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:33 pm

MDJenkins wrote:A TCU win will place a little pressure on the AD and administration to follow TCU’s path to success. There are so many parallel comparisons between the two schools. SMU needs to quit playing the victim and do what it takes to make it happen. Expect more…demand more!

So the point only gets made if they win? Come on....
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:36 pm

I don't think a TCU win helps SMU in any way. If TCU winning the Rose Bowl didn't get SMU to make all the necessary changes to compete, nothing will. TCU winning the national championship after stealing our coach is just another insult to injury. [deleted] SMU and it's pathetic fans that are cheering for our ultimate rival, you truly are losers.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Ikus » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:50 pm

I don't want the Frogs to lose. I want them to get absolutely embarrassed.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby Drum Major » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:49 pm

I will NEVER root for tcu. The best part about them losing tonight would be the fact that they have nothing to show for their season. No conference championship, no Heisman, no national championship. This is what I hope for. Just a plain-old good record. They can have their coach of the year award and position awards. Those are soon forgotten.
Drum Major
Recruit

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:41 pm

If Fatterson was still the coach, I would consider rooting for them. Heck, maybe if Sonny left like a man after the season and didn't quit half way through , I could cheer them on. But he left like a weasel and I hope the warty toads get curb stomped.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:52 pm

mustangxc wrote:I don't think a TCU win helps SMU in any way. If TCU winning the Rose Bowl didn't get SMU to make all the necessary changes to compete, nothing will. TCU winning the national championship after stealing our coach is just another insult to injury. [deleted] SMU and it's pathetic fans that are cheering for our ultimate rival, you truly are losers.

I'm shocked at the backward reasoning that the toads winning will get our admin to act, precisely because of what you mention above, plus a million other reasons that should have gotten our admin and athletic department to get its act together long ago.

If anyone here thinks that any fan base from the OSU/Michigan, Alabama / Auburn, Texas / OU, ND / USC or other traditional rivalries would root for the other team, that would never happen in a million years. It would be akin to blasphemy to even think about it let alone openly support it.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:55 pm

PNW_Stang wrote:I have family members that went to TCU. They had half the stadium playing Michigan - something else I found really impressive. I bet the championship game is also half purple (according to family there, it’s TCU fans everywhere).

We can give Sonny and staff (or Ali) all the hate we want, but I doubt any of them are regretting their decision to leave for greener CFB pastures. The SMU boards spent two years trash talking Riley only for him to win CFB assistant coach of the year. Lots trashed talked Duggan and he is Heisman runner up (and if the award was given after tonight, possibly the winner).

Plenty of jealousy on the board, no question about that and I'm as envious of what TCU has accomplished as anyone...but the fact that only 42 people have weighed in on this poll pretty much sums up the difference in our programs these days.

Whether TCU wins or loses tonight, the fact is they got there which significantly raises their nationa profile so it will make it that much more satisfying if we can beat them on their home field next year.
Charleston Pony

Postby BUS » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:27 pm

I will love beating tcu next year.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby soccermom » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:38 pm

Go DAWGS!
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MustangFan » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:30 pm

BUS wrote:I will love beating tcu next year.

THIS!
MustangFan
All-American

Postby BIGHORSE » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:33 pm

Go Dawgs, Kill the frogs!!!
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:43 pm

Watching this game is like watching SMU basketball when it is painfully obvious that one team just has better (and more) athletes. Will be interesting to see if TCU can fight for 60 minutes or will be totally humiliated tonight
Charleston Pony

Postby peruna81 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:43 pm

TCU will hit big plays....but not near enough
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:13 pm

Have to admit I thought the 4 best teams at the end of this season were probably Georgia, Bama, Tenn & Ohio State. I'm glad that was not the Final Four because Michigan certainly deserved to be in after going undefeated and beating Ohio State in Columbus in their rivalry game and I was O.K. with letting TCU in as the Cinderella underdog. The best Final Four probably would have had GA vs Tenn and Bama vs Ohio State in the semis and we would have had a more competitive championship game. I'm looking forward to a 12 team playoff and if the SEC has the final four teams standing, so be it but I like the fact more teams will at least have an opportunity to show what they can do.
Charleston Pony

Postby Paladin » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:14 pm

Ha ha ha ha Dykes ! 38 - 7 at halftime

Looks like a complete lack of coaching preparation to me
Paladin
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football