PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Construction cam for Weber Endzone Project?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Construction cam for Weber Endzone Project?

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:48 pm

I agree, luxury seating is a great idea. The canopy is mostly to appease Evanston residents by containing light and noise. It will still be freezing.

God bless the Ryan family, go cats.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:39 am

SMU Pom Mom wrote:I agree, luxury seating is a great idea. The canopy is mostly to appease Evanston residents by containing light and noise. It will still be freezing.

God bless the Ryan family, go cats.

Putting a partial canopy over the east side of Ford should be considered in the coming years. That side of the stadium just bakes in the sun during the early games of the season
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:37 pm

SMU Pom Mom wrote:Northwestern is eliminating 12,000 seats with the new proposed stadium, from 47,000 to 35,000. With an average attendance of about 30,000, there will be more sellouts and the people getting turned away for big games will be from the opposing teams. I can get behind improving facilities but adding seats makes no sense to me.

Oregon State’s stadium held 46k a decade ago

They are currently doing their own rebuild which will reduce seating capacity to ~36k while adding amenities.

I personally hope we eventually add a canopy + more amenities while reducing North End seating
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football