PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ford Re-seat

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ford Re-seat

Postby docabel » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:23 am

Just got notice from the ticket office that there will be some re-seating of Ford next year. New rules?? now allow our students to sit behind the visitors bench, so SMU is removing all season ticket holders in sections 123-128. They are going to attempt to reseat them elsewhere on the west side of the stadium.

While this could be great if our students continue to show out like they have this last year, I'll admit I am sad as I have had the same 6 seats on Row 1 of Section 123 since Ford opened in 2000. Plus with LakeHighlandsPony's 3 seats next to mine, it's going to be difficult to keep our gang together.

Hoping this will go smoother than the Moody reseat of years ago....
docabel
Heisman

Re: Ford Re-seat

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:08 pm

Well when the students leave after the 1st quarter we can have our seats back.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:12 pm

Would be great if enough students turned out to fill all those sections but I can't imagine needing more than 126, 127 & 128 especially if the new design will allow them to hop over into the grassy area between 128 and the new endzone seating. Hope they don't screw this up as bad as the Moody reseat went. Unless our attendance significantly improves, I've been spoiled by being able to sit in 223,224 or 225 when I am able to get to Dallas and buy single game tickets. I think I was able to sit in 222 for the opening of Ford vs Kansas and those weren't bad seats, especially when the action was near the north endzone. Good angle on the new scoreboard, too
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby redpony » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:44 am

docabel wrote:Hoping this will go smoother than the Moody reseat of years ago....

Yep, one can always dream.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football