PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU game

Postby Hilltopper » Wed Sep 05, 2001 2:27 pm

Can't wait to get up to Dallas to see the game Saturday. I live for college football, and of course, that starts with SMU football. However, I admit that I'm nervous about the game. If North Texas had done their usual roll-over for the frogs, maybe TCU would have come in to Mecca (Ford Stadium) looking ahead and overconfident. But I bet after they only got one touchdown on the UNT defense, they're going to come out firing.

There tight end (Matt Schobel) is listed as doubtful, from what I've seen, and he's a hell of a player. But I think a lot of people are overlooking there wide receivers. Dunbar is really fast and dangerous, and they have a transfer (from Georgia, I think) who's supposed to be a stud. KG and Jonas need to be ready.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm getting there early to tailgate, will be in my seat before kickoff, and will be screaming until they finish playing Varsity at the end of the game. Hope everyone else on this board does the same.

See you at Ford - GO MUSTANGS
Hilltopper
All-American

Re: TCU game

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:03 pm

I'm with you Hilltopper, I too will be there until they play Varsity, and then some, see post about "Listen to the Band" and pass the word.

Postby PerunaPunch » Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:27 pm

We'll be the other folks sitting around after the game listening to the band.

And I'm sure our DBs won't be taking TCU's wideouts lightly, since they lit us up so bad last year. That's one thing we definitely shouldn't have to worry about.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby Peruna04 » Wed Sep 05, 2001 9:35 pm

I think the boys are ready to take on TCU. BEAT THE FROGS!!
Peruna04

Return to Football