PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

God No! Peruna Law Go Away!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

God No! Peruna Law Go Away!

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:27 am

C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: God No! Peruna Law Go Away!

Postby Rla1022 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:59 am

This is a stupid post and makes no sense. It’s like tech and Oklahoma state trolling about adding Houston and Cincinnati.
Rla1022
Scout Team

Postby Dukie » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:56 am

Who is this guy? Outkick says he is a Dodgers fan, and his posts seem to be more about COVID/masks and trans issues than college sports, let alone the PAC 12/10. I'd like to have any idea that he knows anything before reacting to this.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby BUS » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:42 pm

There you go again... doing your own research.... come on just follow what the media says..
It's better for everyone.
Lol
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mtrout » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:19 pm

I fully expect several departures if/when we go PAC12. They're adding us mainly because we "bring the Dallas market". I imagine PAC12 schools are about as excited adding us to the PAC12 as we are about adding Rice to the AAC.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:06 pm

BPS. Chill
ponyboy

Postby jpe747 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:42 pm

I would think the PAC 12 teams would be looking forward to SMU joining. It seems to me they need to be able to play and recruit in Texas. I feel they are being left behind in national recruiting. As for scholarship, that should not be much of a concern. Moreover, can't understand why Arizona State would leave anyway. They have a good home where they are in the PAC 12. And, they have the same need to recruit in Texas. I just don't see a problem (except perhaps the networks). However, whatever comes down, SMU needs to continue to improve and win games. In the long run, that will help more than anything else.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby DallasMustang11 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:44 pm

If it isn’t wilner or canzano i don’t really pay much attention to “reporting” on the pac12 situation.
DallasMustang11
Scout Team

Postby peruna81 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:54 pm

DallasMustang11 wrote:If it isn’t wilner or canzano i don’t really pay much attention to “reporting” on the pac12 situation.

Well DM11, you haven't posted much, but you seem to be pretty wise...for a young'un

I agree with your post.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:30 pm

I honestly don't see how adding Texas (SMU) to the PAC12 is a big deal. Did adding Cincy or Temple to the AAC ever get us a high end player north of the Mason Dixon line?

I mean...I'm at Dallas Love Field airport wearing a SMU football shirt or hat and the # of people that ask me where SMU is is insane. Happens at least 5 times per year and I probably travel through there only ~10-15 times yearly. But somehow us being in Texas is seen as highly valuable. I don't get it. Don't get me wrong though...if it's a major selling point then I'm all for it.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:29 pm

It’s not us being in Texas it is an avenue for them coming to Texas. Just like the schools that schedule big games at Jerry World for the Texas exposure.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:17 am

Twitter hate for SMU to the Pac12, has been buzzing all weekend. Mainly the Texas schools in the B12, especially Tech fans. TCU, Tech, Baylor and UH, don't want to see SMU get to a P5 and be on a level recruiting field with them.
Last edited by ALEX LIFESON on Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby mtrout » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:23 am

Hopefully this isn't June to Arizona State esque and we're JJ.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:55 am

Sand Aggies, Cougars seem most obsessed with it. Frogs to a lesser degree. Sand Aggies have to be feeling down, all of their true loves, UT, A&M left them. Didn't have Bullock to protect them this time. Now they are in a leftovers conference with commuter schools, UCF, UH, Cincy, and we're being mentioned for an arguably classier conference. Cougars instead of being happy to be in a P5 finally, somehow can't accept that we deserve to be in one too. I like to remind them about us beating them last year. Quite frankly, we should have beaten them the prior year, if Sonny had squib kicked.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:23 pm

Who knows what's going to happen!

"PAC-2 potentially losing Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, Oregon and Washington and then adding SMU and some Mountain West programs, like San Diego State"

"Pac-12/Mountain West merger."

CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd, "Out of that upheaval emerges a conference of leftovers"
Dodd's prediction for the Pac-12 would have Cal, Stanford, Washington State and Oregon State with Boise State, Fresno State, SMU and San Diego State. "That lineup would reduce the Power Five to the Power Four, creating implications beyond the Pac-12 itself." he wrote.

As for Stanford, Ducks Wire predicted that it could go independent and not be a part of a conference.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 923487007/
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Football