PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

From "Big 12 insider" and "CFB expansion expert"

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: From "Big 12 insider" and "CFB expansion expert"

Postby Topper » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:30 pm

HubbaHubba wrote:That was easy. It was like he was playing Georgia. Watch out for new accounts named Hot Toady.

Yeah that kind of passive agressive Bush Leaguer will resurface. Big 12 condescension was just below the surface of everything he posted and that is sad.
Last edited by Topper on Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby fan » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:34 pm

FroggieFever wrote:
Topper wrote:Thanks for being honest. Typical of someone trying to feel important under the guise of anonymity.

Sry. Just trying to provide insight. Will retire posting again on PF going fwd.

@PonyPride pls delete my acct of 17 yrs.

Don't give up that easily! We need the occasional Frog on here to stir things up.
fan
Varsity

Postby GHammond » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:47 pm

Anytime I meet someone from TCU, I nod and smile, exchange pleasantries and thank the lord I went to SMU. #BlessTheirHearts
GHammond
Varsity

Postby Dukie » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:54 pm

Topper wrote:
HubbaHubba wrote:That was easy. It was like he was playing Georgia. Watch out for new accounts named Hot Toady.

Yeah that kind of passive agressive Bush Leaguer will resurface. Big 12 condescension was just below the surface of everything he posted and that is sad.

I could not disagree more.

The condescension was 100% on the surface.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Rla1022 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:01 pm

Maybe he should just admit that he’s Scary Gary. Come on right out say it. You’re sad you wasted your entire career and got booted for a traitor. Traitor man went to the national championship with Scary Gary’s recruiting class. He’s already been fired. But totally would have been with the team. Hmmmm. Gary is that you.
Rla1022
Scout Team

Postby EastStang » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:14 pm

Two guys walk into a party one a Big XII official another ASU official. Hey Fred how’s your golf game. It sux, yours? That’s probably the substance of the “meeting”. People see what they want to see. FF is just looking through a purple lens.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FroggieFever » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:24 pm

Rla1022 wrote:

Maybe he should just admit that he’s Scary Gary. Come on right out say it. You’re sad you wasted your entire career and got booted for a traitor. Traitor man went to the national championship with Scary Gary’s recruiting class. He’s already been fired. But totally would have been with the team. Hmmmm. Gary is that you.

I am out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby fan » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:46 am

FroggieFever wrote:
Rla1022 wrote:

I am out:

Maybe Froggie is Wilner's source! Mailbag says the same thing - ie all PAC schools have a backup plan and SMU likely to be invited.

https://sports360az.com/2023/02/hotline ... -and-more/
fan
Varsity

Postby Topper » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:10 am

EastStang wrote:Two guys walk into a party one a Big XII official another ASU official. Hey Fred how’s your golf game. It sux, yours? That’s probably the substance of the “meeting”. People see what they want to see. FF is just looking through a purple lens.

If there even was such a meeting. FF claims that he is important enough to be in attendance at all of these high level get togethers and yet he has time to troll his rival school's fan board endlessly. I suspect he is a presence elsewhere on boards elsewhere in the Big 12 and also sows his insider info to PAC schools now that the Big 12 has gone on a campaign to belittle that conference. A conference full of much better schools and football than the Big 12 I would add. The drama of his exit from this board is highly amusing however.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:19 am

FroggieFever wrote:
Rla1022 wrote:

I am out:

Is this like George Strait who "has a farewell tour" every year?
gostangs

Postby Nedward » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:49 pm

I think he's more similar to the Elton John repeated "final, really final this time I promise" tours.
Nedward
Junior Varsity

Postby Water Pony » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:26 pm

FroggieFever wrote:
Rla1022 wrote:

I am out:

I for one had no issues with FF. His posts were another point of view, if not vague on occasion. Not a fan of cancel culture. He sounded like a frienemy.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Otto » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:29 pm

Stick with us, FF. I always want to beat TCU (obviously), but a lot of what you have added here has been substantive. Even when your team beat ours, your comments are a lot more tolerable than those from a couple of guys I work with :)
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby Dukie » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:10 pm

Water Pony wrote:I for one had no issues with FF. His posts were another point of view, if not vague on occasion. Not a fan of cancel culture. He sounded like a frienemy.

No one canceled him. He could not accept the ribbing that came from his self-regard not matching how others perceive him.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby weeeeve » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:17 pm

So I've been reading this "Big 12 insider" post; I have to say, I don't quite understand the rancor against froggiefever. I am an alumnus of SMU (freshman year was 79), and I am no fan of TCU. But I'm bothered by the treatment of FF. Seems like people take advantage of the anonymity of these boards to say things and treat people in a way they otherwise wouldn't.
I hope FF comes back.

Felt like I needed to say something. Peace and out.

Steven L
weeeeve

PreviousNext

Return to Football