PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

From "Big 12 insider" and "CFB expansion expert"

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: From "Big 12 insider" and "CFB expansion expert"

Postby Topper » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:29 pm

weeeeve wrote:So I've been reading this "Big 12 insider" post; I have to say, I don't quite understand the rancor against froggiefever. I am an alumnus of SMU (freshman year was 79), and I am no fan of TCU. But I'm bothered by the treatment of FF. Seems like people take advantage of the anonymity of these boards to say things and treat people in a way they otherwise wouldn't.
I hope FF comes back.

Felt like I needed to say something. Peace and out.

Steven L

I guess it was something I said. In fact, he is the one taking advantage of his anonymity to make claims about his presence a unreported meetings. When I asked him to put up or shut up he shut up followed by a display of aggrieved victimhood.
Topper
Hall of Famer

From "Big 12 insider" and "CFB expansion expert"

Postby dickey1331 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:44 am

Topper wrote:
weeeeve wrote:So I've been reading this "Big 12 insider" post; I have to say, I don't quite understand the rancor against froggiefever. I am an alumnus of SMU (freshman year was 79), and I am no fan of TCU. But I'm bothered by the treatment of FF. Seems like people take advantage of the anonymity of these boards to say things and treat people in a way they otherwise wouldn't.
I hope FF comes back.

Steven L

I guess it was something I said. In fact, he is the one taking advantage of his anonymity to make claims about his presence a unreported meetings. When I asked him to put up or shut up he shut up followed by a display of aggrieved victimhood.
If he was in a private meeting why would he dox himself? It makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
dickey1331
Junior Varsity

Postby DallasMustang11 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:13 am

Topper wrote:
EastStang wrote:Two guys walk into a party one a Big XII official another ASU official. Hey Fred how’s your golf game. It sux, yours? That’s probably the substance of the “meeting”. People see what they want to see. FF is just looking through a purple lens.

If there even was such a meeting. FF claims that he is important enough to be in attendance at all of these high level get togethers and yet he has time to troll his rival school's fan board endlessly. I suspect he is a presence elsewhere on boards elsewhere in the Big 12 and also sows his insider info to PAC schools now that the Big 12 has gone on a campaign to belittle that conference. A conference full of much better schools and football than the Big 12 I would add. The drama of his exit from this board is highly amusing however.

And who even would be in these meetings? School presidents/Ads/high level administrators. You are telling me someone at that level is posting on another schools chat board? I find that highly unlikely.
DallasMustang11
Scout Team

Postby Topper » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:26 am

FF was never the immature, adolescent style baiter like that PurplePimple guy who seemingly spent most of his time composing odes to Zach Evans and trash talking our team on this board. Until we demolished the frogs in Fort Worth. On the other hand, FF clearly wanted to convey the impression that he is a signicant presence at TCU who just wanted to let us all in on the inside scoop regarding, welll, just about everything to do with our own and anyone else's business. Can't imagine anyone meeting that description wasting time on Ponyfans.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:35 pm

Tweet from Sideline Sports Network, whoever that is:
Forbes reports that following the Pac 12's media negotiations, talks are likely to resume between the Pac 12 & ACC regarding a partnership known as the APAC (Atlantic-Pacific Ath. Conf.) Both conferences believe the merger would lead to greater media deal in 4 yrs time.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PNW_Stang » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:28 pm

Darn, FroggieFever was one of the better posters on the board IMO
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:44 pm

I liked FF’s posts and maybe naively believed they were operating at a high level, not president or AD but admin in those circles. Those types read these boards but are too chicken to post. Just treat the “info” as another tweet or rabbit hole, like mhver3 posts.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

As networks pull out, Amazon is ‘playing hardball’ with the

Postby indianmustang » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:43 pm

Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby gostangs » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:28 pm

tristatecoog wrote:I liked FF’s posts and maybe naively believed they were operating at a high level, not president or AD but admin in those circles. Those types read these boards but are too chicken to post. Just treat the “info” as another tweet or rabbit hole, like mhver3 posts.

i liked the balance he usually brought and didn't throw too many hand grenades - and he surely could have over the last 10 yrs. But he was wrong about a lot of admissions data which was a common theme of his (claiming SMU and TCU were pretty close academically. If he really thought that i doubt he is all that high up - but he did know some of the people in SMU's admissions dept. I agree the likelihood that he is some big wig at TCU and attending these conference meetings and then posting here seems very unlikely.

If you are still reading FF - note the most recent Princeton Review admissions data between SMU and TCU.

SMU's composite middle 50% SAT - 1350-1490
TCU's composite middle 50% SAT - 1140-1345

That is not close to being in the same ballpark. SMU is closer to TCU in football than TCU is to SMU academically.
gostangs

Re: As networks pull out, Amazon is ‘playing hardball’ with

Postby Dukie » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:50 am

indianmustang wrote:https://www.marketwatch.com/story/as-networks-pull-out-amazon-is-playing-hardball-with-the-pac-12-cf781358

I can’t find any evidence that this author knows anything about anything.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:07 pm

FF just take a break...it's interesting to hear from a cross town rival...shouldn't be a surprise "anything TCU" is going to be a lightning rod here after you made it to the title game in football and top 25 in basketball. We all wish we could have made it to the college final 4 in football. Hopefully we will someday.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MustangStealth » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:58 pm

FroggieFever wrote:I was in the room both in AZ and Irving.

It's an honor to have TCU's head janitor posting here, sir. o7
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:11 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:FF just take a break...it's interesting to hear from a cross town rival...shouldn't be a surprise "anything TCU" is going to be a lightning rod here after you made it to the title game in football and top 25 in basketball. We all wish we could have made it to the college final 4 in football. Hopefully we will someday.

I did just that - I posted that after a glass or two of vino and choose to swallow the pride, humble myself and not act like a kid on the playground who got picked last.

I apologize for the childish behavior to all.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:20 pm

gostangs wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:I liked FF’s posts and maybe naively believed they were operating at a high level, not president or AD but admin in those circles. Those types read these boards but are too chicken to post. Just treat the “info” as another tweet or rabbit hole, like mhver3 posts.

i liked the balance he usually brought and didn't throw too many hand grenades - and he surely could have over the last 10 yrs. But he was wrong about a lot of admissions data which was a common theme of his (claiming SMU and TCU were pretty close academically. If he really thought that i doubt he is all that high up - but he did know some of the people in SMU's admissions dept. I agree the likelihood that he is some big wig at TCU and attending these conference meetings and then posting here seems very unlikely.

If you are still reading FF - note the most recent Princeton Review admissions data between SMU and TCU.

SMU's composite middle 50% SAT - 1350-1490
TCU's composite middle 50% SAT - 1140-1345

That is not close to being in the same ballpark. SMU is closer to TCU in football than TCU is to SMU academically.

Yup - thanks for the data. I admit, like I did before, that both institutions going test-optional presents a quantitative analysis nightmare but also admit if either of us have children (I do not), I would be proud with a degree from either institution ... I have no problem or issue with my school in Dallas being academically superior than my school in Fort Worth ... both are great institutions.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby FroggieFever » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:27 pm

Topper wrote:
I hope FF comes back.

Steven L

I apologize for that. It was childish on my part - I was used of a few posters here who could vouch for me who are seemingly no longer here (I cannot believe how time files!) and when challenged with outing myself felt threatened and took my ball and went home.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football