PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

From "Big 12 insider" and "CFB expansion expert"

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

From "Big 12 insider" and "CFB expansion expert"

Postby PonyPride » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:16 pm

This comes from someone named Christopher Lamberto. Not familiar with him, so take this for what it's worth; his Twitter profile includes: "Once & future Big 12 insider. Former WVU apologist. Freelance college football writer. CFB expansion expert."

"I’ve been holding on to this… time to share. The Big 12 has reached out to several PAC 12 schools over the past few months. Each school contacted rebuffed the Big 12’s overtures. There are no discussions ongoing. No Pac 12 program has approached the Big 12."

If what he says is true, maybe the Pac-12 is less wobbly than some have feared?
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: From

Postby ponyboy » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:29 pm

That’s my understanding as well.
ponyboy

Re: From

Postby crazy horse » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:47 pm

By any objective measure, the Big 12 is the weaker conference. They are having a good year with FB and likely basketball as well. But you can't lose so many major brands and believe you are better positioned than the PAC, many who have been together for 70 years.

The PACs coming media deal may confirm this - we will see.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Re: From "Big 12 insider" and "CFB expansion expert"

Postby FroggieFever » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:55 pm

Just an FYI: This is not true whatsoever. TCU and Big 12 met with both AZs in Scottsdale while at the Fiesta Bowl. UO and UW met with Big 12 in Irving this week.

(While I was active on this board 12yrs ago, several could vouch for who I am, specifically Samurai, aka not a troll.)
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:00 pm

FroggieFever wrote:Just an FYI: This is not true whatsoever. TCU and Big 12 met with both AZs in Scottsdale while at the Fiesta Bowl. UO and UW met with Big 12 in Irving this week.

(While I was active on this board 12yrs ago, several could vouch for who I am, specifically Samurai, aka not a troll.)

Not true - unless you call a phone call a meeting. Nobody in the PAC is moving to the Big 12 - it is lateral at best. The value has left the building.
gostangs

Postby FroggieFever » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:09 pm

gostangs wrote:
FroggieFever wrote:Just an FYI: This is not true whatsoever. TCU and Big 12 met with both AZs in Scottsdale while at the Fiesta Bowl. UO and UW met with Big 12 in Irving this week.

Not true - unless you call a phone call a meeting. Nobody in the PAC is moving to the Big 12 - it is lateral at best. The value has left the building.

I was in the room both in AZ and Irving.

The two schools which had little to no interaction with the Big 12 are Stanford and Cal.

(Like I said, Samurai can vouch for me without doxing me.)
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby FroggieFever » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:14 pm

FWIW: I still believe the PAC survives w/o losses and expect that SMU is the newest addition. But the comments about neighboring institutions not having meaningful, in person, interactions with the Big 12 are inherently untrue.

Just hope for no Apple deal. Apple is perfectly fine with existing inventory.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby Topper » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:27 pm

FroggieFever wrote:FWIW: I still believe the PAC survives w/o losses and expect that SMU is the newest addition. But the comments about neighboring institutions not having meaningful, in person, interactions with the Big 12 are inherently untrue.

Tell us your name, tell us who else was in "the room" and tell us what was said. Otherwise your comments are worthless and childish.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Rla1022 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:51 pm

Topper wrote:
FroggieFever wrote:FWIW: I still believe the PAC survives w/o losses and expect that SMU is the newest addition. But the comments about neighboring institutions not having meaningful, in person, interactions with the Big 12 are inherently untrue.

Tell us your name, tell us who else was in "the room" and tell us what was said. Otherwise your comments are worthless and childish.

Exactly. I call 200% bs. He’s continued to push bs. The listed school and ads are probably under so many ndas. No sane person would be like. I’m in the room. BS. AND if you were and you’re an employee or board member you should be fired. Immediately.
Rla1022
Scout Team

Postby FroggieFever » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:52 pm

Topper wrote:

Then my comments are worthless and childish.

@Ziz / Samurai feel free to vouch.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby Topper » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:54 pm

FroggieFever wrote:
Topper wrote:

Then my comments are worthless and childish.[/quote
Thanks for being honest. Your comments here are typical of someone trying to feel important under the guise of anonymity. Posts about inside information without background information is pure attention seeking.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby FroggieFever » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:58 pm

Topper wrote:Thanks for being honest. Typical of someone trying to feel important under the guise of anonymity.

Sry. Just trying to provide insight. Will retire posting again on PF going fwd.

@PonyPride pls delete my acct of 17 yrs.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby Dukie » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:11 pm

FroggieFever wrote:
Topper wrote:

Then my comments are worthless and childish.

You left out that you should be fired. (Which is 100% true. If you're telling the truth. Which ... lol.)
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Rla1022 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:15 pm

FroggieFever wrote:
Topper wrote:Thanks for being honest. Typical of someone trying to feel important under the guise of anonymity.

Sry. Just trying to provide insight. Will retire posting again on PF going fwd.

@PonyPride pls delete my acct of 17 yrs.

Good. A true pony fan wouldn’t be such a determined detractor.
Rla1022
Scout Team

Postby HubbaHubba » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:21 pm

That was easy. It was like he was playing Georgia. Watch out for new accounts named Hot Toady.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Next

Return to Football