PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Realignment Update

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Realignment Update

Postby smubrooks » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:22 am

I seriously doubt CU would want to go back to the B12. And if they do it would be after the PAC fell apart, not as the first domino!
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby Topper » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:33 am

Statler wrote:https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2023/04/12/colorado-regents-to-meet-on-monday-as-big-12-expansion-rumors-linger/

Most of the truck stop conference so called news has been generated to get clicks. However if the Buffs BOR are meeting Monday then this may be something to watch one way or the other.

Then after posting the above article this was next:

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2023/04/12/colorado-ad-rick-george-no-truth-to-rumor-cu-could-vote-to-leave-pac-12-next-week/

Under Colorado law the board will have to publicly post the agenda items for an executive session meeting at least 24 hours ahead of time. College directors do actually meet regarding matters other than football. It could be a personnel matter or it could be related to a lawsuit. The Big 12 bloggers are the most excitable bunch of ninnies I have ever seen.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby AusTxPony » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:52 am

I believe the Colorado AD shot the rumor that CU was voting on whether to leave PAC down as UNTRUE.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Rla1022 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:25 am

smubrooks wrote:I seriously doubt CU would want to go back to the B12. And if they do it would be after the PAC fell apart, not as the first domino!

And if any of that happened. Deon ain’t going to the big 12. He’s sec or bust. Whether it’s with Colorado or not.
Rla1022
Scout Team

Postby EastStang » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:22 am

When CU was in the Big XII their rivals were NE and OU. They're gone. So, I don't see them as pining for the Big XII.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Water Pony » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:56 am

I share the impression that CU likes the academic association with remaining PAC-12 schools.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby ponyboy » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:18 pm

AusTxPony wrote:I believe the Colorado AD shot the rumor that CU was voting on whether to leave PAC down as UNTRUE.

Yes he did.
ponyboy

Postby ponyboy » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:57 pm

Tony Altimore
@TJAltimore
·
16h
Once again:
No Pac teams are going to the Big 12:
Yet another AD has spoken clearly.

Hold clickbait nitwits & 12Anon trolls accountable for lying to you:
They know better, and it's intentional.

Sports fans deserve better than being lied to, but also need to stop being gullible.
ponyboy

Postby Topper » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:23 pm

Water Pony wrote:I share the impression that CU likes the academic association with remaining PAC-12 schools.

The university presidents, boards of regents, football coaches and athletic directors are not always on the same page. I don't know this for a fact but it wouldn't surprise me if Coach Sanders is behind some of this talk but not sure of his motive. Other than money, no school would take the Big 12 over the PAC at this point in time. I may be mistaken, but Colorado would be the top academic school in the Big 12 in terms of student SATs. And with SMU in the conference, it gives the Buffs an opportunity to play in front of Texas recruits on a regular basis in Dallas.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:22 pm

It has been driven by “clickbait nitwits & 12Anon trolls.”
ponyboy

Postby max the wonder dog » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:31 am

Coloradp podcast interviews John Canzano, who I find to be the most knowledgeable reporter on the PAC 12 beat. Says SDSU gets an A on the expansion candidate report card, SMU a B+. He's not buying the Big 12 raid on the PAC 12 chatter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYnGRH7MY8
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby Water Pony » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:23 am

max the wonder dog wrote:Coloradp podcast interviews John Canzano, who I find to be the most knowledgeable reporter on the PAC 12 beat. Says SDSU gets an A on the expansion candidate report card, SMU a B+. He's not buying the Big 12 raid on the PAC 12 chatter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYnGRH7MY8

John Canzano is a trusted observer of the PAC-12 and his comments ring true to me. I find the comments on Tulane and less likely Rice to have some appeal as well. Imagine these three schools and markets in an expanded PAC-12 along with San Diego State. If you use John's household metric, it would make some sense. Having said that, I expect only SDSU and SMU to be invited at this time, when new media rights are finalized. 8)

As for the BigXII predatory campaign against the PAC-12, I find it to be dishonest and self-serving. :twisted:
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby ponyboy » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:40 am

Agreed. And consultant Tony Altimore is also our friend, often tweeting content that helps our case or defends us from the 12anon horde. His latest:

Tony Altimore

@TJAltimore
·
1h

Another great article from Mark @5thDownCFB that is worth a read if you haven't already! #PonyUp @SMU

Quote Tweet

Mark Schipper - 5th Down CFB

@5thDownCFB
·
1h
SMU, to the shock of many, integrated the all-white Southwest Conference in 1966 when the Mustangs put the great Jerry LeVias on scholarship. It was the young head coach Hayden Fry who forced the change. Football in the South would never be the same
ponyboy

Postby Statler » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:41 am

Statler
Hall of Famer

Postby mtrout » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:02 pm

lol we're ranked ahead of 12 win, conference champion, beat us by 35, beat USC in a bowl game Tulane

We don't win much but we sure win the internet
mtrout
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football