PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ASU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ASU

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:59 pm

Why isn't FroggieF*****r on everybody's ignore list?
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby mustangxc » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:42 pm

I have never had an issue with him in the past but he is now becoming very annoying. Maybe he is going through a mid-life crisis? At this point this site would be much better without him posting.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FroggieFever » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:00 pm

mustangxc wrote:I have never had an issue with him in the past but he is now becoming very annoying. Maybe he is going through a mid-life crisis? At this point this site would be much better without him posting.

I will take a hiatus.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:00 pm

FroggieFever wrote:PAC is done. (As of calls this mrng.) Likely settle on a streaming deal w/ a ESPN/FS1 game here and there but no expansion.

Big 12 will not be in a better sitch come next round. (Unless additions can pull their weight.)

When the deal and the expansion decision leaks outside of the NDA, it will be everywhere, instantly. When it doesn't pop up everywhere, it means that nothing is a done deal yet.

A page ago you were being told the PAC would be raided by the Big12, and now the deal is done.

There are a bunch of outside voices spitballing on this, and unfortunately I think your folks are hearing the Big12 propaganda, just like everyone else. I have no doubt that you were in the room at the Fiesta Bowl, nor do I doubt that you have significant contacts within TCU and the Big 12. But they are telling you what they "think", not what they know.

Anyone associated with the media deal or the expansion deal is on an NDA. Which means information you are hearing is either from people not in the room or people who are willing to risk legal jeopardy.

I'm not saying that you should trust other sources and rumors that you hear out there, but I would suggest that with the Big 12 history in this circumstance of driving a disinformation campaign, they have shown their colors, and you certainly have to take information from that group with the biggest grain of salt.
JasonB

Postby GHammond » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:02 am

What!?! Are you saying that FroggyFevor is full of prunes?
GHammond
Varsity

Postby Roach » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:41 am

Maybe it's selfishness on my part, but I still hope it happens. I'd love an excuse to visit San Diego (among others out that way). Fingers are crossed.
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Postby orguy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:06 am

Quite confident this will happen. Taking a bit longer than we had expected.
Likely it is a deal with Apple that involves copious sublicensing. Expansion
is a given if the PAC is to survive long term IMHO.
orguy
All-American

Postby EastStang » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:17 am

I have friends in Oregon that I'd love to go see. Country Club sports with Stanford, Cal, ASU and AU. Of course, will miss the 45 minute drive to Annapolis to see the Ponies.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Previous

Return to Football