PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ASU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ASU

Postby Topper » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:22 pm

The Big 12 is down to a scrub league. Over the next couple of years their TV ratings will tank. Texas viewers will be more interested in games like Arkansas vs. Vanderbilt than games like K State vs. WVU.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Peruna88 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:39 pm

EastStang wrote:Baylor wouldn’t be in the B12 if Ann Richards hadn’t blackmailed UT and A&M and now they are in a conference without those two schools, or MO, CO, NE, and OU.

I believe it was Lt. Gov. Bob Bullock who really turned the screws on the Whorns & the Ags to make that happen. I have an unhealthy hatred for the schools in Austin & Waco. Always have. Always will.
Peruna88
All-American

Postby mustangxc » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:47 pm

FroggieFever wrote:
Water Pony wrote:FF:

I value your participation in Ponyfans; however, two issues strike many of us as less than supportive:

1. Your quote "Regardless, as it pertains to SMU, we will be just fine and end up in a better place than we are now." suggests we will be OK (?) but offers no specifics on how that might be, especially when the BigXII continues its campaign to dismember the PAC-12, which we view as our only current and realistic opportunity to return to a Power Conference.

2. The BigXII and its commissioner are absolutely behaving in an aggressive manner against a fellow P5 conference with the disinformation and/or disingenuous leaks and intentions to steal the 4 Corner schools. Candidly, this is more than self-serving, it is predatory.

You can't it both ways, steal PAC-12 schools and report "we will be fine."

Thank you. Well said on both points.

1) SMU will be picked up by TPTB. (Likely with the likes of the SDSU's et al.) This puts SMU in the same ring as Stanford, Cal etc. (aka: upgrade). SMU is the most valuable non-P5 IMO and, if not for Baylor, would be in the Big 12. (Mind you, ADJD is Leigh Steinberg's protege and also has close ties with Dallas/SMU Athletics.) TCU had and has no problem with SMU in the Big 12 (if the $ was there). (IMO Houston was a dumb reactionary move but abv my paygrade.) This is not the same TCU whn CGP stupidly said "We're not going to help SMU again."

2) No question. Correct.

Maybe it's super obvious but I'm tired. Can someone enlighten me who these people are (TPTB, ADJD)?
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dukie » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:59 am

Peruna88 wrote:
EastStang wrote:Baylor wouldn’t be in the B12 if Ann Richards hadn’t blackmailed UT and A&M and now they are in a conference without those two schools, or MO, CO, NE, and OU.

I believe it was Lt. Gov. Bob Bullock who really turned the screws on the Whorns & the Ags to make that happen. I have an unhealthy hatred for the schools in Austin & Waco. Always have. Always will.

It’s not unhealthy.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Dukie » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:05 am

mustangxc wrote:Maybe it's super obvious but I'm tired. Can someone enlighten me who these people are (TPTB, ADJD)?

I assume the first one is simply the powers that be, though I have no idea which powers are being referenced. (The PAC remnants after TCU et al. scoop up the Four Corners schools and the B1G takes UO and U-Dub? FF is ceaselessly reminding us that these things are being seriously discussed.)

ADJD I had to look up. It’s the Frogs’ cutesy shorthand for their new-ish AD. His TCU bio mentions nothing about ties to Dallas, never mind SMU.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Topper » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:53 am

Dukie wrote:
mustangxc wrote:Maybe it's super obvious but I'm tired. Can someone enlighten me who these people are (TPTB, ADJD)?

I assume the first one is simply the powers that be, though I have no idea which powers are being referenced. (The PAC remnants after TCU et al. scoop up the Four Corners schools and the B1G takes UO and U-Dub? FF is ceaselessly reminding us that these things are being seriously discussed.)

ADJD I had to look up. It’s the Frogs’ cutesy shorthand for their new-ish AD. His TCU bio mentions nothing about ties to Dallas, never mind SMU.

FF speaks in super insider code only decipherable by those at the very highest levels of secret intelligence. Think WW II and Bletchley Park.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:34 am

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:I will also add that I think that the B12 is playing dirty tactics with their smearing campaign.

It’s been proven. Here is the woman leading the disinformation campaign: https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/C ... odkin.aspx
ponyboy

Postby Rla1022 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:58 am

Topper wrote:
Dukie wrote:

FF speaks in super insider code only decipherable by those at the very highest levels of secret intelligence. Think WW II and Bletchley Park.

I heard that he is a BIG 12 fanboy. My friend's cousin's boyfriend's sister heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who attended the TCU board meeting last night and saw Froggie Fever crying. I guess it's a serious matter.
Rla1022
Scout Team

Postby jpe747 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:50 am

Froggie is a troll. He most likely is a kid or a TCU college student. He is blowing smoke. Just let him boast and forget it. He knows nothing. Again, he is only a troll. Do you think for one moment TCU wants SMU in the Big-12? I didn't buy it. He's a TROLL!!!
jpe747
Heisman

Postby laxdawg97 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:09 am

FroggieFever wrote:
Mustangs_Maroons wrote:FF, question for you, who from the B12 really has the most disdain for SMU? i always assumed it was TCU because of the closer historical rivalry, the D vs FW battle, but it appears you believe it's Baylor?

Baylor.

Baylor is in a mess financially. Living on borrowed time and knows it does not have the facilities, infrastructure nor endowment that SMU has.

Sure, the men and women in the room @ TCU look the other way @ SMU but acknowledge the value-add. Baylor is looking out for Baylor, no one else. (Which, to some extent, we all do.)

Tech and Okie Lite have not openly expressed disinterest but would be the next pick of the litter of rejection.

Media likes Dallas and isolates it from Fort Worth. (As of now.) We, SMU, will be fine.

Can you say more about Baylor's facilities situation, and whether you're talking about athletics or campus-wide? I heard chatter the football ops complex was becoming a slog from the naming gift to get to groundbreaking, but SMU knows that drill, too. It's hard to believe that after the success of that McLane stadium project the well would run dry now.
laxdawg97
Scout Team

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:16 am

Topper wrote:FF speaks in super insider code only decipherable by those at the very highest levels of secret intelligence.

FF is Chris Chris
Bergermeister

Postby FroggieFever » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:20 am

laxdawg97 wrote:
FroggieFever wrote:
Mustangs_Maroons wrote:FF, question for you, who from the B12 really has the most disdain for SMU? i always assumed it was TCU because of the closer historical rivalry, the D vs FW battle, but it appears you believe it's Baylor?

Baylor.

Baylor is in a mess financially. Living on borrowed time and knows it does not have the facilities, infrastructure nor endowment that SMU has.

Sure, the men and women in the room @ TCU look the other way @ SMU but acknowledge the value-add. Baylor is looking out for Baylor, no one else. (Which, to some extent, we all do.)

Tech and Okie Lite have not openly expressed disinterest but would be the next pick of the litter of rejection.

Media likes Dallas and isolates it from Fort Worth. (As of now.) We, SMU, will be fine.

Can you say more about Baylor's facilities situation, and whether you're talking about athletics or campus-wide? I heard chatter the football ops complex was becoming a slog from the naming gift to get to groundbreaking, but SMU knows that drill, too. It's hard to believe that after the success of that McLane stadium project the well would run dry now.

Largely due to debt. Bonds maturities dragging them down.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby FroggieFever » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:21 am

jpe747 wrote:Froggie is a troll. He's a TROLL!!!

I have been on Pony Fans since 2005.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby Water Pony » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:10 pm

If ADJD is TCU Athletic Director Jeremy Donati, the only Mustang reference in his bio is the Cal Poly University Mustang Club.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby ponyboy » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:35 pm

FroggieFever wrote:
jpe747 wrote:Froggie is a troll. He's a TROLL!!!

I have been on Pony Fans since 2005.

I hate TCU with every fiber of my being, but I do not understand the vitriol you’re getting here, FF. Wow.
ponyboy

PreviousNext

Return to Football