PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Objectivity

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Objectivity

Postby SMUstang » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:32 pm

While I like and generally agree with Embody, Canzano, and Wilner. I think we may be getting a one sided view of the news if they are the only ones we hear from. Maybe we could get a little more objective views than that.
SMUstang
Heisman

Re: Objectivity

Postby Water Pony » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:54 pm

SMUstang wrote:While I like and generally agree with Embody, Canzano, and Wilner. I think we may be getting a one sided view of the news if they are the only ones we hear from. Maybe we could get a little more objective views than that.

Perhaps the BigXII campaign against the PAC-12 is a more balanced view? If not them, CBS' Dennis Dobb, who is magnifying the BigXII's paid consultants?
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:55 pm

You have got to understand, as WP says, that there is an active anti-PAC-12 disinformation campaign led by a firm named Endeavor and being paid for by the Big 12. Many sources are actively compromised and complicit. The rest are uninformed at best. Pay attention to the sources. Best are the PAC-12 Athletic Directors themselves. Good secondary sources for sure include Embody, Canzano. I particularly like Tony Altimore.

If you cannot get this basic info, please don’t post.
ponyboy

Postby SMUstang » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 pm

I know the Big 12 is trying to tank the Pac-12, I was thinking more along the lines of Brett McMurphy or Matt Brown. Someone who is not biased for either the Big 12 or the Pac-12. Of course nobody knows what Kliavkoff knows. And until the Pac-12 is ready to make an announcement, nobody will know.
Last edited by SMUstang on Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:17 pm

The problem is there’s nothing to know beyond what the ADs and the good secondary guys have told us. P12 leadership is a tight lipped group not beholden to anyone’s perceived timelines - really not worried about what anyone thinks.

It does appear that the conference is going to get a competive deal done. And it appears that they’ll announce expansion soon thereafter.
ponyboy

Return to Football