PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Defense Outlook-Official Site

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Defense Outlook-Official Site

Postby Dooby » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:28 pm

Use the link to get to the Defense Outlook from the Official Site.

http://www.smumustangs.com/feature.asp?ID=123
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:05 pm

I sure hope the secondary is better. The comment that 75% is returning does not make me feel real comfortable.

The D-LINE is still small in my books. I look for Adami to be fantastic AGAIN and I sure hope that Jones and Bonds stay strong all year.

Maybe we can get some help somewhere?
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:17 pm

No mention of Harris in the saftey picture?
JasonB

Re:

Postby Dooby » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:48 pm

BUS wrote:I sure hope the secondary is better. The comment that 75% is returning does not make me feel real comfortable.

The D-LINE is still small in my books. I look for Adami to be fantastic AGAIN and I sure hope that Jones and Bonds stay strong all year.

Maybe we can get some help somewhere?

C'mon Bus. Spill it. You've been hinting for two months.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby The PonyGrad » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:06 pm

I am optimistic about defensive and special teams improvement this fall.

Come-on offense.
Go Ponies!!
Beat whoever it is we are playing!!

@PonyGrad
The PonyGrad

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:27 pm

about Harris, it is my understanding that he is moving to outside lb.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Buddha » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:03 pm

I like the idea of Rico at LB, although if he doesn't get all the way back in the speed department, he'll have a tough time unseating the young guys, Muse and Cleveland.

What do y'all make of Fitzgerald and Ieremia-Stansbury at LB? I think with the size he added after moving to DE, Ieremia-Stansbury could be a monster at MLB, although it's crowded there with Lee, Carrington and Hall.

I don't know enough about Fitzgerald to have an opinion there. But I sure like the increased depth.

No mention of Cole Horton. Is he still playing? Has he moved to the DLine? I was under the impression the coaches liked his potential a lot.
Buddha
All-American

Postby JasonB » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:08 pm

According to the roster, Harris is still at saftey, we will see though.

I would guess that Stansbury would be used at OLB, as would Fitz. We definately have improved speed at that position. Moving those two players, and with McCrary coming in the fall, gives us three deep at that position. That spot didn't have a lot of depth before.

Bennett said earlier this year he wanted to be three deep at each position. With the moving of Swofford to FB and Glockzin to TE, he now has that at every position except OT.
JasonB

Return to Football