PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU "pausing" series with SMU -- 2025 last game on schedule

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU "pausing" series with SMU -- 2025 last game on sched

Postby Big Hoss » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:40 pm

I'm as disappointed as anyone that TCU is "pausing" the series, but I also don't buy into the whole TCU and Baylor doing everything they can to keep us out theory. If we had just taken care of business, won more of the games against whatever opponents we faced the last 10 years+, then we'd likely have been invited to a bigger and better conference by now.

We are where we are because of our own results, more than any other single factor. If you believe anything else contributed to our fate more than that single fact alone, then please join your flat-earth friends and keep that tinfoil hat on your head fooling yourself that we are some sort of massive threat to the Big 12.

I'd love to be in a better conference, but more than that, I just want us to win the championship of whatever conference we're actually in. If we do that, we'll be into the playoffs in the new setup where we will be able to prove that we belong by our play on the field.
Big Hoss
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:29 pm

Ditto.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTime » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:16 am

Hiring Mike Caven and Phil Bennett ensured that no progress was made for about a decade. Those two hires were bottom of the barrel imo.

Can't remember who else was even in the mix at those times - but I seem to recall a certain HC that won a national title with Colorado in the 90s Bill McCartney was actually interested. Also Rick Neuheisel chatter at one point.

But we went with the bargain bin hires until we finally went after June and decided to compete.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby TwoTimeGrad » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:08 pm

It's a shame TCU doesn't remember when they were a conference doormat.
TwoTimeGrad
Scout Team

Postby deepellumfrog » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:15 pm

TwoTimeGrad wrote:It's a shame TCU doesn't remember when they were a conference doormat.

Totally remember. Not interested in going back.
deepellumfrog
All-American

Postby orguy » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:26 pm

Big Hoss wrote:I'm as disappointed as anyone that TCU is "pausing" the series, but I also don't buy into the whole TCU and Baylor doing everything they can to keep us out theory. If we had just taken care of business, won more of the games against whatever opponents we faced the last 10 years+, then we'd likely have been invited to a bigger and better conference by now.

We are where we are because of our own results, more than any other single factor. If you believe anything else contributed to our fate more than that single fact alone, then please join your flat-earth friends and keep that tinfoil hat on your head fooling yourself that we are some sort of massive threat to the Big 12.

I'd love to be in a better conference, but more than that, I just want us to win the championship of whatever conference we're actually in. If we do that, we'll be into the playoffs in the new setup where we will be able to prove that we belong by our play on the field.

Refreshing. The truth. Excited about this season. Happy to be competing in
the AAC for now. Just win baby!
orguy
All-American

Postby indianmustang » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:16 pm

https://twitter.com/davidubben/status/1 ... 6126596583
"Possibly. ... When the dust settles, we'll have a discussion with them." -- TCU AD Jeremiah Donati on resuming the Iron Skillet rivalry with SMU since the Mustangs are joining a major conference
Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smubrooks » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:18 pm

Would benefit both parties as well as college football as a whole!
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby ShantyBoy » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:50 pm

indianmustang wrote:https://twitter.com/davidubben/status/1697691286126596583
"Possibly. ... When the dust settles, we'll have a discussion with them." -- TCU AD Jeremiah Donati on resuming the Iron Skillet rivalry with SMU since the Mustangs are joining a major conference

These guys are rich. I would tell this pompous jerk and his lap dog to shove it right where the sun don’t shine.
ShantyBoy
Junior Varsity

Postby peruna81 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:38 pm

ShantyBoy wrote:
indianmustang wrote:https://twitter.com/davidubben/status/1697691286126596583

These guys are rich. I would tell this pompous jerk and his lap dog to shove it right where the sun don’t shine.

Nah Shanty, play the long game...BEAT TCU in their house, and then keep the skillet as a series of daily pictures and tweets for the "pause" period
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ShantyBoy » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:46 pm

I like it. Win this year and then tell them to shove it?
ShantyBoy
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Football